Went to the DC with my wife.... WHY OH WHY???

by Cinciguy74 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Ya know what's sad? Our city has two congregations. The other congregation (where my FIL is an elder) has several "young" couples. Every last one of these young couples is having severe financial difficulty. Why? Nobody has an education. Worse yet....half of them are home schooled with no education. But does my wife and FIL or anyone else notice that? Of course not. All they notice is "how difficult Satan is making it for these good kids". I just want to scream. "Did you ever stop to think that perhaps by damning higher education.....it is the SOCIETY that is making it hard for these good kids?"

Seriously....I wonder what their long term plan is. Unless you are going into a construction trade.....20 years from now....there will be 0 jobs available for those without an education. They simply have to scale back the rhetoric or they'll retain practically no people from that generation.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Every last one of these young couples is having severe financial difficulty. Why? Nobody has an education. Worse yet....half of them are home schooled with no education. But does my wife and FIL or anyone else notice that? Of course not. All they notice is "how difficult Satan is making it for these good kids". I just want to scream. "Did you ever stop to think that perhaps by damning higher education.....it is the SOCIETY that is making it hard for these good kids?"

Irony is, just like the law of gravity, the principle of natural selection doesn't really care if anyone understands them or not... Doesn't mean you're immune to them, either.

• jgnat
    jgnat

King Solomon, please help. I am having problems deciphering your comment. Who are the them's?

...the principle of natural selection doesn't really care if anyone understands them or not... Doesn't mean you're immune to them, either

Poor people are just as fertile as rich ones. I don't think any of these young couples are going to starve to death before they procreate. Now...Darwin Awards candidates; they fully qualify themselves out of the gene pool.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm not a JW, but I'd be fascinated to attend such a meeting.

The church must feel threatened by higher education for some reason. I suspect I know why, but that's another topic. I take it your wife is a hard core JW and really wanted to attend the meeting. I salute you for going with her. I know you didn't like it, but it was nice of you to attend. I probably would have taken notes and mixed positive comments with negative comments on the way home.

She probably hoped you would have gotten more out of it, but if you give her honest feedback (positive and negative), you might get her thinking more objectively about her religion. But you done good, son!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Jgnat, 'thems' refers to the principles of gravity and NS. Why they may not be infertile, usually young couples are smart enough to intuitively understand the concept of their "carrying captivity", and usually don't pull a "Kate plus 8" or Octomom routine.... Differential reproductive success at play here....

Sorry for the indecipherable writing: sometimes I post from a mobile device and rewriting is a pain....

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Irony is, just like the law of gravity, the principle of natural selection doesn't really care if anyone understands them or not... Doesn't mean you're immune to them, either. ..." King Solomon
    "Poor people are just as fertile as rich ones. I don't think any of these young couples are going to starve to death before they procreate..." Jgnat

Hmm...

I took King Solomon's comments to mean that people who don't prepare ahead for financial success, are going to be 'naturally' passed over - fail to be 'selected' for elements needed for survival - like an income which will pay for basic needs.

Zid

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle is a Satanic teaching, then I see nothing wrong with giving people that freedom. It is perfectly natural for people to be bisexual, and I believe that some 90% of us are bisexual (the healthy 90% of us, at that). I prefer the opposite sex, but I am in favor of allowing everyone the chance to live a homosexual or bisexual lifestyle if they choose. And, I don't even view it as a "lifestyle". I view it as a personal choice, much like choosing whether to get LED or CFL lights. Or like listening to country music or disco. In a healthy society, there would be no shame for someone to be bisexual, even group sex. If that is a Satanic teaching, I am all for it.

Higher education is another matter. Yes, people need to get the best education they can afford. This comes from a combination of formal education, experience, research on your own, and actual apprenticeship. College has many non-monetary benefits, and one of them is learning to live on your own. I advise doing research on trying to stay out of debt or limiting your student debt to reasonable and manageable levels, given that there is no assurance of finding a job if the Rothschilds decide to pull out the job market in 4 years and because debt is slavery. But with all the stories I hear about students refusing full scholarships and that parents are not allowed to save toward college, something is wrong. If you can get into college with full scholarship or with having to pay only a small out of pocket tuition, you are not looking at big debt. And, if you can get in without running up big debt, there is no reason why you shouldn't. You might take up a part time job while in college to give yourself spending money or pay the small out of pocket portion, and that is even better. But trying to claim college is evil is rotten--the same debt trap will result if you pious-sneer, take part time work to pious-sneer, donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund beyond your means, and waste all that gas and suit money.

I wonder if the other one included the Internet. Which is basically the free version of higher education. Unlike college, there is no debt trap waiting for you with the Internet. Do you have enough money to attend the Grand Boasting Session? Do you have gas money for a month of pious-sneering? Can you afford to buy suits for your family and dry clean them for 6 months? If so, you can afford a computer. Internet access these days offers flat-rate billing that is relatively affordable (in some countries, however, you run into data caps). Take advantage of it. You might be able to get your higher education online, get real college credits, and minimize the money debt. And you have the Internet to research things, either within a college course or freestyle. Either way, you are sure to benefit.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

about Satanic Teaching = Higher Education

The bible does not speak against higher education at all. It is just the stupid Double Speaking Watchtower leaders speaking against higher education. Dumb Asses!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Mouthy, you are going to homosexual wedding? I thought you were a Christian. The bible speaks against homosexuality.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

You are a better man than I to sit and listen to all that for hours on end. Surprized you didn't take the kids to the zoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit