Went to the DC with my wife.... WHY OH WHY???

by Cinciguy74 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

So, in a tit for tat agreement with my wife to do something I wanted to do, I agreed to go with my wife for Saturday and Sunday to the District Convention.

For most of the day, I simply read other things, paying little attention to what was going on. My wife could care less if I am paying attention, more that I am there to wrangle little ones who are being distruptive so she can listen.

But one of the things I did catch, was that they highlighted "Four Satanic Teachings".

One of which was that "You need a higher education to succeed in this world". So higher education is now Satanic?? I almost left. My wife looked at me when the speaker said it and she could tell I was not happy.

I made a point on the way home when talking to my kids to bring up that the unemployment rate of people without a college degree is TWICE that of people with a Bachelors degree, four times that of someone with a Masters, and 8 times that of someone with a Doctorate. To say nothing of their income potential.

I told them "Believe what you want, but you WILL go to college and get at least a Bachelors degree. You can pioneer or not or whatever you like AFTER, but just consider it an extended part of High School for you." Of course, we all know that if they go off to college they will learn some critical thinking skills, which is just fine by me.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

great post cinciguy74!!! If your wife actually looked at you when the speaker said that, then she also knows it was a bullshit statement.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I feel for you....Sitting listening to all that "crap" & not losing your cool

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Cinciguy74:

I would be vomiting if I was sitting there.

The sad truth is that in today's world somebody without college on their resume is likely to have their resume thrown into the circular file. The only people who don't "need" college are people who have inherited a family business or somebody independently wealthy living off a trust fund.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

It's come to that, has it: labeling college as 'Satanic teaching'?

I sure hope whatever the tit was, it was worth the tat!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cinciguy74: So, what were the other 3 satanic teachings?

Kojack

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

Believe me, it was difficult not to lose it several times. I had to laugh at the drama... Of course the girl who marries the unbaptised guy has a hard time. It wasnt so much that he was unbaptised and more to do with the fact that he was a giant man child!

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

One of the other "Satanic Teachings" was the acceptance of the Homosexual lifestyle.

Honestly, I zoned out at that point, so I can't tell you the other two.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, as if there aren't all sorts of man-children in the Kingdom Hall!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh I sure would be df .I am going to a Homosexuel wedding Thursday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit