Will they get rid of the FDS concept?

by Hermano 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

So many people on this forum are concerned with doctrine, the Bible and what it all means.

The average JW, certainly in my congregation, never talk about such things. It is a social club. They meet up for coffee field service, the kids play together, quite a few of the brothers work together. You could count on one hand, with fingers to spare, how many in the congregation could even explain what the WTS concept of the FDS or GB even is. Ask about the generation idea and they would be blank. You cannot imagine how dead a WT study, such as last weeks is!

When I read on here, nearly a couple of years ago, that Jack Barr had died, I mentioned it to an elder in passing. He hadn't a clue who Jack Barr was!

If the FDS concept was changed, very very few would even notice, or care.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Will they get rid of the FDS?

No.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

St george said:

The average JW, certainly in my congregation, never talk about such things. It is a social club. They meet up for coffee field service, the kids play together, quite a few of the brothers work together. You could count on one hand, with fingers to spare, how many in the congregation could even explain what the WTS concept of the FDS or GB even is. Ask about the generation idea and they would be blank. You cannot imagine how dead a WT study, such as last weeks is!

Yup... Above all, it IS a social organization. Most people don't operate on LOGIC, but FEELINGS. Most make purchasing decisions based on how the item makes them FEEL, as an emotional decision.

The WT walks a tightrope, since it claims to be more analytical than most religions (that's the basis of their superiority claim, being Bible students), and too much analysis of doctrine easily reveals the lies.

However, there's been a palpable "dumbing down" of the WT message over the past century, instead focusing on the emotional "touchy-feely"components, such that WT/Awake has become more like a religious version of Reader's Digest or People magazine, or even National Inquirer. You cannot disprove a feeling.

Hey, People magazine and NI sell alot of paper: they know their audience, and there's no arguing with $$$.

• Hermano
    Hermano
    So many people on this forum are concerned with doctrine, the Bible and what it all means.

I second that, St. George. When they changed the "door to heaven closed in 1935" doctrine I thought it would be a big deal. It wasn't. When it comes to the JW religion, the average apostate knows way more than the average JW.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You kiddin man? with no FDS concept they have no justification for those old men being the voice of God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Catholics only get 1 Pope

Jehovah`s Witness`s have a..

Roomfull of Popes!

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

More like a pile of POOP

• Hermano
    Hermano
    with no FDS concept they have no justification for those old men being the voice of God

Seems to me the FDS argument is the weakest scriptural support for their authority. (At least from the perspective of someone who is not indoctrinated and trying to be logical.) They could do away with this weak scriptural support and still maintain their authority via other arguments. Their claim to authority it not based solely on Jesus's FDS rhetorical question.

Perhaps from the mindset of someone still in, however, the FDS argument is a very appealing one. But even then, it is not the only argument presented to support the Governing Body's authority.

• Hermano
    Hermano

LOL @ Outlaw and Wasblind.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Wuz!!..

More like a pile of POOP ...Wuz

The WBT$..

Governing Pile of Popes..

....................... ...OUTLAW...

Share this

Google+