A Dazzling apologist effort concerning Watchtower United Nations N G O

by Terry 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mind blown
    mind blown

This guy comes on JWN as well as other boards, he's an idiot. You cannot win with him, even though you are winning. His aim is having a site up to hail himself as having a place in the lime light. You will not make a dent.

Truly, everyones time would best be served reporting his site to the WTS. (so they can have him take it down) They don't want dummies like him trying to defend them, and they don't want dummies like him acting as though this is an offical site from the WTS. They pay lot of money to pro attys to do their dirty work not a clown like him.

I got his goat. He says he's now going to work on a page refuting my claim there have been Governing Body homosexuals and pedophile members. I really blew the wind up many a skirt with that one......

• james_woods
    james_woods

Remind me again - the Watchtower Society itself has never publicly admitted the NGO status, and never attempted to defend it - correct?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

James... the WTS. admitted the association they took as a NGO but now they say they refuse to do so recently because the initial registration

to become a NGO with the UN says explicitly that all NGOs must abide and be in agreement with the UN charter.

They try and spin their previous association by saying we didn't know or realize that becoming a NGO, you are making a supporting pledge

toward the UN agenda, which anyone with a plausible brain can see thats about lie. I guess you can say that was their vain attempt of damage control,

after the fact. They slipped into bed with the great Harlot thinking no one would notice, someone did.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I wonder if they have a "vatican library card" up their sleeve somewhere?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Ummmm, not sure how you came to that conclusion.

A publisher isn't allowed to hold a position on a high school student counsel, join the YMCA or help a charitable organization.

But they can be attached to the UN in any way, shape or form they want?

Nope....don't think so Terry. We have a word for that: hypocrisy

• UN informed
    UN informed

It brings me great pleasure that I am personally mentioned in the idiots outline.

The gist of my entire 45 years of JW life was that any religions that turned to the UN had rejected the Kingdom of God. Even in 1989 they made a derogatory statement about the Catholic Church saying "....they have no less than 29 (?) NGO's associated with the UN."

For an organization that won't let you go to the "Y" for a swim, won't let you vote, won't allow their children to run for office in school, won't let your kids play sports, wont let your kids go to college.....on and on....joining with the UN to use a library is the ultimate insult. Puts me so much in mind of the fictitious story of "Jacob sod pottage, and Esau came in from the field and he was faint.....give me some of the RED there..."

He sold his birthright for a bowl of soup, and they sold out my trust in them FOREVER for a library card.

Leaving that hypocritical, judgemental, harsh, unloving, unkind, self-righteous organization was the VERY VERY VERY best day of my life.

Brant and Karen Jones

• Focus
    Focus

Terry is on the Focus-approved List, lol. I hope this doesn't bring him grief.

In my collection, I have documented and indexed more than 150 separate published attacks by the Whore on the U.N.

They haven't quite stopped, either.

If, indeed, there is some worthy and dangerous cult-apologist (i.e., one at the level of what that despicable Stafford aka Travis used to be, before Noo Lite hit him in the noddle) with whom to do battle elsewhere on the matter of WTS NGO/UN hypocrisy, well, in the words of Charles Dickens:

Barkis is willin'

These encounters - Focus has had more than a few - tend to be unpleasant for the unseasoned observer. So far, they all ended the same way, with the other side fleeing, mouthing apologies, back-tracks, insults, empty legal threats etc.

On a humorous note - unconnected to the matter at hand, though the apologist concerned did defend the WTS UN hypocrisy too - I've seen one of my oldest adversaries, a particularly odious, boastful Spiritual Pimp who, inter-much-alia, claimed knowledge of mathematics (duly refuted in hilarious fashion) and theology (likewise), has now declared himself to have become an atheist and is himself arguing mildly against cults.

Perhaps I shall revisit him, with extreme prejudice, to hold this transgressor responsible for the cult-crimes he used to commit. Forgiveness is not mine to dispense, Unus...

[Google-index aid for him, so he knows what's coming: Prominent Bethelite ]

Babies have died because of blood-transfusion denials, and the hearts and minds of those who made those decisions were perhaps aided by the support or publications of these appalling creatures, whether they be genuinely deluded apologists or evil trolls. May they rot, and I'm happy to assist in such rotting.

At a minimum, their own offspring should be informed about the evil-doing of papa.

__

Focus

("Equipped and able" Class)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

on the rocks - "I remember during 80's and 90's the WTBS would criticise the UN at every opportunity. Do they still do it??"

Technically, Fred Franz's eschatology is still WT canon (he left no interpretational protege), so the United Nations is still viewed as the "Wild Beast" of Revelation.

However, I'm pretty sure the Writing Dept realizes how difficult it is to portray the UN Security Council as some kind of radical militant anti-faith juggernaut capable of marshalling a planet-wide campain to unilaterally suppress religious freedoms, especially since:

A) it can barely enforce resultions to defend religious freedoms, let alone suppress them, and...

B) the US - still the most religious country per capita in the Western World - has veto authority over any Security Council resolution it doesn't like.

(although, to be fair, most people probably don't know these things)

Of course, back when Freaky Freddy penned the WTS's End-Times script, there was a lot more cross-pollinization of ideas between apocalyptic Christian groups, and they were all heavily influenced by American right-wing conspiracy theory (including McCarthyism, the John Birch Society, etc.) so to the average rank-and-file JW, his interpretation actually must have seemed plausible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit