A Dazzling apologist effort concerning Watchtower United Nations N G O

by Terry 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Introduction: In the Beginning
    How it all started. In October 2001 The Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom accused Jehovah's Witnesses of hypocrisy for being registered with the United Nations' (UN) Department of Public Information (DPI) as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Read this chapter...

Know your NGOs!
    When you hear that the Watchtower Society was a United Nations NGO, you may not be aware that there is actually more than one kind of NGO. This fact is important, and apostates try to keep it secret because it proves the Society was innocent. Read this chapter...

Did we agree to praise the UN?
    Conspiracy theorists say we agreed to meet special UN criteria, including a requirement to “print articles praising the UN” to keep our “NGO status”. The UN itself says this is all wrong. Read this chapter...

Please Sign Nowhere
    Apostates say the Society lied when they said no signature was even required to become a DPI-associated NGO. See how the apostate‘s own ‘evidence’ proves the Society to be completely right, leaving the apostates looking completely stupid. Read this chapter...

The changing world of NGOs
    The United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) produces a brochure for it's NGOs showing what the requirements are of NGOs. This brochure changed over the years, but apostates lie and quote from the current version, hoping you won‘t notice. Read this chapter...

Following it to the Letter
    London Bethel wrote to the Guardian correcting their horribly inaccurate journalism. However crackpots now claim Bethel's letters of explanation are a “cover-up”. Read how the Society's version of events fully agrees with all the evidence apostates try to hide. Read this chapter...

Hail to the Chief
    The United Nations DPI was inundated with requests for information on the Watchtower NGO matter. Hence, Paul Hoeffel, the chief of the DPI's NGO section wrote an open letter. What does it tell us, and is it accurate? Read this chapter...

Principle Support
    Apostates lie and quote from the latest requirements for DPI-associated NGOs, which says “The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN”, hiding the fact that the version the Society saw in 1991 did not say this. What did it say? Read this chapter...

Did we hypocritically ‘ride the wild beast’?
    Because they have no evidence, apostates now lie and claim that having anything to do with the UN is violating Jehovah's Witnesses own teachings. It doesn‘t. See how they twist the truth. Read this chapter...

Awake to Propaganda?
    As part of the alleged “secret deals”, crackpots believe the Society wrote “propaganda” for the UN. Is this a reasonable assessment of the evidence, or is it shallow circumstantial evidence for a crazy conspiracy theory? Read this chapter...

Self-condemnation?
    Accusers ignorantly say the Society has “condemned itself” in the NGO matter by it's stance on YMCA membership and from when it condemned the Catholic Church for having UN-associated NGOs. See how they get their facts horribly wrong. Read this chapter...

Consider the Source
    One crackpot has spent thousands of dollars sending letters to the elders of every congregation in the USA, some in the UK, and all the branch offices to tell them about the NGO “apostasy”. You won‘t believe the story behind this deluded man who think‘s he's a prophet of God. Read this chapter...

Conclusion: A Not-Guilty Verdict
    We have shown you how the Watchtower Society's DPI-association as an NGO has been blown out of proportion by ignorant conspiracy theorist crackpots. The Society‘s version of events is in full accord with all the evidence. Read this chapter...

Summary

Get a quick look at the issue. See all the crackpot arguments contrasted with the simple truth. Read chart...

Printer-friendly Version

• DownloadRight click and save; size: 6.9Mb

Print our cool A4 booklet. It includes all the chapters on this site, the appendix, the miscellaneous questions, all charts and all scans. You'll need a PDF-viewer, like the free Acrobat Reader.

Misc Questions

Appendix

1. A e-Watchman — a crazy conspiracy theorist
    2. B More on the Awake! articles
    3. C Association or Registration?
    4. D Letter to Brant Jones
    5. Simple English version for translators
    Charts

Scans

Know Your Stuff?

www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

• BroMac
    BroMac

I've come across this sorry excuse for a defence before Terry, it takes the biscuit in ignorance and stupidity.

it hurts my eyes

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

OK Terry, as a serving Witness myself, I cannot reconcile having any connections with the U.N., based on the teachings of Christ (no part of Satan's world) and Paul's words about not even touching the unclean thing!

Can you reconcile the WTBTS sending representatives to the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) convention in Europe each year?

Surely the title of the organisation says it all to you? Check out its website for its aims, objectives & methods. Also, have a look at some of the other organisations they are rubbing shoulders with when they are there. It's hypocrisy in the extreme and sinning against the Holy Spirit - nothing less!!

And please don't try to deny this association - I already have a recording I made, of a Branch official with a superior attitude, wriggling like a snake trying to justify their involvement from "a human implementation" perspective.

Also, the first brother to whom I spoke was clearly afraid to answer my questions and insisted I call back.

Do these brothers actually listen to themselves? God help them before it's too late! (Rev.2:22)

Don't be fooled - TEST THE INSPIRED EXPRESSIONS - USING GOD'S WORD, NOT LITERATURE!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Regarding the DPI vs ECOSOC associate status~

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems pretty clear that any NGO associate must agree to respect and uphold the Charter of the United Nations. That's what I understand when I look at the United Nations DPI~NGO webpage~

• Annual Review
  • Application
  • Membership

DPI/NGO Directory

As an NGO, you can gain world recognition and representation at the United Nations by becoming associated with either one of the two branches which work with NGOs and members of civil society:

• The United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI). That’s us! We are a dynamic and growing community of more than 1,300 NGO organizations and your key resource of all UN-related information.
    • The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is more specialized. Learn more about ECOSOC.

Learn more

Why associate with the UN Department of Public Information? If your NGO applies and gets accepted as an associate of UN DPI, you will:

Get noticed and make a difference

• Be globally known. Your organization’s profile will be added to our public directory.
    • Be involved in advocacy efforts to help monitor and implement international agreements

• Annual Review
  • Application
  • Membership

DPI/NGO Directory

As an NGO, you can gain world recognition and representation at the United Nations by becoming associated with either one of the two branches which work with NGOs and members of civil society:

• The United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI). That’s us! We are a dynamic and growing community of more than 1,300 NGO organizations and your key resource of all UN-related information.
    • The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is more specialized. Learn more about ECOSOC.

Learn more

Why associate with the UN Department of Public Information? If your NGO applies and gets accepted as an associate of UN DPI, you will:

Get noticed and make a difference

• Be globally known. Your organization’s profile will be added to our public directory.
    • Be involved in advocacy efforts to help monitor and implement international agreements

Actively plan and participate

• Get grounds passes for activities or events organized by our office held at UN Headquarters in New York.
    • Help plan and participate in the Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference
    • Participate and contribute to the weekly Thursday NGO Briefings – at UN Headquarters in New York

Learn and network

• Get access to materials, activities and events which promote the work of the United Nations
    • Gain access to the Dag Hammarskjöld Library at UN Headquarters in New York
    • Exchange ideas between generations. We offer opportunities for experienced NGO leaders to work with youth representatives.
    • Share expertise with other NGOs in different fields of work and from diverse backgrounds
    • Use of the DPI / NGO Resource Centre at UN Headquarters in New York as a meeting space to network and lobby

We want to apply to be associated. What do we need?

NGOs must meet the following criteria:

• Support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations
    • Be a reputable NGO with national, regional or international standing
    • Operate solely on a not-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status
    • Be an established NGO that has been operating for at least 3 years
    • Have a satisfactory track record of past work with a UN Information Centre/Service (UNICS/UNISs), UN Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) or other UN Agency, Fund or Programme prior to applying for association.
  • Terry
    Terry

The Searcher says:

OK Terry, as a serving Witness myself, I cannot reconcile having any connections with the U.N., based on the teachings of Christ (no part of Satan's world) and Paul's words about not even touching the unclean thing!

Can you reconcile the WTBTS sending representatives to the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) convention in Europe each year?

I personally can't see that the WTBTS has a leg to stand on. Yet, the guy who runs this website has no problem at all with it!!

I find this sort of thinking fascinating!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Ask the stupid apologist, why did the Watchtower withdrew from the NGO one day after they were exposed on the Guardian Newspaper? If they were innocent, they do not need to withdraw from the NGO! Apologist, stop spinning bullshit!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Know your NGOs!
    When you hear that the Watchtower Society was a United Nations NGO, you may not be aware that there is actually more than one kind of NGO. This fact is important, and apostates try to keep it secret because it proves the Society was innocent. Read this chapter...

Looks like the first topic listed (Know your NGOs!) is a fancy, long winded way of saying, "We did it for the library card."

FAIL #1.

MMM

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I personally can't see that the WTBTS has a leg to stand on. Yet, the guy who runs this website has no problem at all with it!!

I find this sort of thinking fascinating!

I don't find this expressive thinking by a mind controlled JWS sunrising at all, its an intellectually disingenuous attempt to support the WTS.

The WTS. has tried to pull a two faced card here by signing up as a NGO with the UN.

Lets use an analogy of say a one JWS who wanted to work at the UN in some secretarial work but first they had to sign a official

agreement they are wholly supportive and in agreement to the directives and endeavorers of the UN charter.

And it was to be realized that this JWS did so prior to them gaining employment there.

What would happen to that JWS by the elders of their congregation, they would most likely be punished for doing so, perhaps Da at least .

There's devious corruption at the core heart of the WTS. as well vocally by people who support this organization on their own.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm bookmarking this for future reference. I'm also reminded of what William Congreve wrote, "Oh what tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive!" The WTS has been ensnared by its own web of lies, deceit and hypocrisy.

Quendi

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Any anonymous person can build a sleek looking web site and type a lot of blatherspeak to get a certain view across, but that does not make their claims truthful.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit