A Dazzling apologist effort concerning Watchtower United Nations N G O

by Terry 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Give me fifteen minutes' research time and I can absolutely trounce the author! His argument is seriously flawed. It is late.

Is there some way to post my findings on-line so readers of his argument will see my argument, too?

First, when you rebut someone, your writing needs to be clear and concise. Admittedly, I do not do it here. If I published an actual piece, it would have clarity. It may be his writing style but his main point, that the UN did not provide the requirements for NGO status at the time the Witnesses were granted NGO status, gets lost. I fail to see where he clearly reports what the requirements were for NGO status at the time NGO status was granted.

Also, I recall the formation of the UN and the Witness' view of the UN. Ha!

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

I remember during 80's and 90's the WTBS would criticise the UN at every opportunity. Do they still do it??

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BOTR, I can hand you the research in one zipped file. Every weasel out has been discussed in depth here. The problem is, that there is no way to link to it, or debate it, from that site.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

does it matter WHY the wts associated with the u.n.?

fact of the matter is they VOLUNTARILY applied for this association when they didn't have to and this flies in the face of just about every teaching they have.

no part of this world? pshhh that's a fail

volntarily associating with the great beast? sounds remarkably like violating that bad associations bit.

if they can justify associating with satan's instrment of global domination in order to use a damn library, why not allow jws in nazi germany to join the german labor party if that was the ONLY political party which they were technically a part of already by simply being citizens?

why not let the witnesses in malawi "associate" with the one ruling party in order to not be beaten, raped, or murdered? far more important than a library card.

for that matter...might as well allow members to take blood in order to save their own lives.

they didn't HAVE to associate with the un. they didn't NEED protection as they love to tout how principled they are, even with death staring 'em straight in the face. there's simply no excuse for this at all

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

It's weird.. churches of the "Christendom" need no association with UN but "WTS the true God's organization" did...

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

if you can't beat 'em...join 'em?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am not going to preach to the choir here. He is all over the place. I think he is so worked up that he might not use normal controls. Indeed, he doth protest too much. Objective facts do exist in the world. I loved the UN growing up. My parents would take us on frequent tours. Admittedly, the UN played a much more significant role in the world and was captive to the United States at the time. I dreamed of working at Bethel and being a UN tour guide, even better than a stewardess. The Witnesses were virulent anti United Nations. I thought there should be a 30 block no go zone around the United Nations.

What about stumbling people? This isn't stumbling. It is more akin to planned serious bodily injury.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to Terry for bringing this important subject to the fore again. It has not been discussed for a while and newbies may find it very instructive. Congrats to jwfacts also for an excellent refutation....

• Terry
    Terry

Yes, the NGO revelation (and that is what it is!) should stun any long time JW and, of course, will immediately cause them to

grab even the weakest pretext to dismiss the whole thing!

But, Newbies probably are so poorly educated in the history of Watchtower beliefs it won't ruffle a feather.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The final prolong end to this story if that the WTS. knew perfectly well that NGO organizations are umbrellaed under the UN charter

and its set directives and the NGO organizations are a branch of the UN.

They surmised that they wouldn't be caught being a registered NGO so they went ahead and did so, perhaps used the UN library as they say they did.

Under the WTS own expressed doctrines, being associated with organizations like the UN or even the YMCA for that matter was deemed

worthy of disassociation with the JW organization. It appears there's a bit of top level arrogance of this organization, where certain high ranking

ones don't seem to think they are under the same doctrinal scrutiny and regulation as the lower level body of JWS .

Glad they got caught though, shows a bit of the corruption of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit