Letter from my mother

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 41 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Sorry about your mum. To me her letter just sounded like you need to keep doing this, just to avoid family shame and embarrassment. In other words continue in the TRADITION of something even though it makes no sense anymore to YOU. Your feelings don't mean much in this equation.

Isn't this what they codemn the Catholic church members and many other church members for ;that they just follow in the traditions and not troof? But they have no problem with the hurt they cause new converts family members do they? They provide no simple dignified exit path for folks that no longer buy their dogma -- most reprehensible.

You deserve better than this, please take comfort in knowing that you are not alone and you will always find love, understanding and a sympathetic ear here. Perhaps you should consider sending her a letter back to defend your position, since it doesn't look like you have much to lose at this point.

• etna
    etna

Las Mavinas, sorry to hear that about you're mother. This religion is just a cult, when my daughter got disfellowshiped, they wanted me to kick her out of the house. That was the last time I went to a meeting, unfortunately my daughter married and got reinstated. But we get on fine.

Etna

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's not much you can do when someone makes a decision iike that just remember it really is their choice. You made me do it is not valid. Each person lives with their choices and the consequences.

You go your own way and your family may or may not change their mind it's too bad but keep strong.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

i am at work and read that letter. two huge tears ran down my cheeks. yes i feel for you and yes it is horrid what your mum has written. is it strange that i felt pity for you mum too? she knows no better, she doesn't even know she is trapped.

all i can do is wish you the very best life. you have life growing in you, you will love your child unconditionally and break the cycle of having another generation of your family born into that religion.

you will be happy!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Dear Emilie,

How sad that for now your mom takes direction from the Pharisees instead of from Jesus on how to treat her daughter.

Maybe for now she needs time and distance, as you likely do too.

How are the plans for studies coming along?

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• Scully
    Scully

I hope you never let her near your children. She's toxic. Every sentence in her letter is dripping with emotional blackmail and trying to put you on a guilt trip.

I might be inclined to reply to her, reminding her that it was a non-JW party and that you were an invited guest too. Neither she, nor any other JW attending, had more right to be there than you did. If she is unable to get along with everyone at the party, then SHE should have stayed home. Her tears were probably because she was pissed that you didn't disclose the pregnancy to her, the way a daughter would do with a NORMAL mother. She is the one with the problem, not you, she's the one with a flawed sense of morality that gives her permission to judge people for things that are none of her business. Why would you confide this happy event with her, when you knew she would disapprove, judge and reject you the way she has? I wonder what other people at the party were thinking, to see a mother IGNORING her pregnant daughter??

Enjoy your pregnancy. Enjoy your baby. Your mother doesn't deserve to be part of your life or your baby's, not with that attitude.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Live a good and better life to show her why your is the only to go. She will then realise how false she is and may turn around to follow up. Otherwise, you have my symphathy and support in everything.

Scott77

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

So very sorry you are going through this. Both of my jw parents died when I was in my 20s. They were wonderful parents even though they were jws. I can't imagine what it would have been like if they had rejected me.

Coffee

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I have made several attempts to respond in kind, but ended up throwing every one of them away since I could not write her without sounding bitter and sarcastic. That'll just play into her game of painting me as the one in the wrong. Quite honestly, I haven't the time or energy to deal with her and what she thinks right now. My brother rang me the other day and informed me that she was ill, but I live quite a distance away from her and I'm not going to see her if my appearance offends her.

Fernando - Next autumn I resume my studies.

Thanks for all your kind words and support. I'm on leave now from my employment and am looking forward to some relaxation at the weekend.

Emilie

• Scott77
    Scott77

HOLA Emillie,

Pienso, que son entrañables. Te queremos mucho como uno de nuestros ex-JW hermana. La comunicación y los comentarios de amigos en línea pueden proporcionar apoyo emocional y psicológico. Yo creo que le ayuda mucho para hacer frente a las situaciones. Afortunadamente, muchas de nuestras experiencias de alguna manera son similares y, por lo menos uno de nosotros puede responder en forma anyhelpful posible.Gracias por hablar y compartir sus sentimientos. Obtener mejor pronto. Amor Fraterno

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit