Letter from my mother

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 41 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Funny how she did not mind being with worldly people, and that she even accepted an invite to a gathering that included so many non-witnesses and that she expected these non-witness people to be shunning you. She is the one who is selfish and it sounds like she would love to have the whole world treat you like dirt, shame on her.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have seen many a family upset by family issues of some sort or sorts. When the baby comes, the beautiful baby becomes the center now and so much joy and miracle, that the previous dissention subsides.

Your baby will get to be a normal child of unconditional love from you and the normal joys of youth. Your devoted love to your child will be healing to you and will impress your family and extended relatives. Perhaps your mom will become impressed with your reality and soften toward you in time.

I am so involved with 6 grandkids and a 7th on his way! I just love this connection with these kids at this phase in my life. Your mom will only rob or take away her own joy and fulfillment in future years with this stance she is showing toward you.

I wish you the best and hope you have plenty of true friends and family to share your joy!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow.... Only in a cult. Please remember that

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm sorry you experienced such pain, but it is a good lesson learned. People under mind control are dangerous. Now you know that it isn't good for you to be around your mother, and it won't be good for your baby either.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Your mother needs to start reading Watchtower publications because she is going against their instruction. The July 2009 Awake, pp. 28-29 Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion? says this:

Although the Bible makes a clear distinction between true and false teachings, God allows each person the freedom to choose how he or she will respond. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How dreadful ! Your mother can`t see how hateful she is in treating you this way ( your not alone ) their are plenty on here who experience the same attitude.

smiddy

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

What did you do besides leave the witnesses and get pregnant?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

elder-schmelder - I saw your post. Sorry you have to deal with such insensitivity too.
    What is painfully obvious is that these breakdowns of family relationships are the rule
    and not the exception in this religion. I was attending meetings and hoping to reverse
    my disfellowshipping for reasons on convenience, but now I'm seriously reconsidering it.
    This is simply too high a price to regain something that is broken anyway. I'll never be
    looked at the same.

dreamgolfer - I don't know whether your question about my location is sincere or not. If
    you equated 'Malvinas' with 'Falklands', then it's nearly impossible for you to not know the
    background regarding the two terms. If I use the word 'Malvinas', then it's obvious whose
    side I am on and unlikely that I would live there. If you want to know my 'location', look beyond
    the 'Las Malvinas' portion of my alias to the last word of 'Argentinas'.

mind blown - My mother indeed has a strong and abrasive personality. Her Irish heart is strong-
    willed and much of my upbringing has been deeply regimented. She wanted to make missionaries
    out of all of her children, so she made sure that we were sent to exclusive schools to learn
    different languages. I can speak fluently in four. So to turn all these years of her strong
    determination and leave is not going down well with her.

Botzwana - Last November I got married to a fellow in the congregation. After a week I left him
    when I knew I had made a mistake and didn't want this life for myself. My estranged husband took
    this hard and has stopped going to meetings and has hit the bottle pretty badly. Naturally everyone
    blames me for this turn of events, and my mother is all too eager to join in on the condemnation.
    I regret hurting him, but much like my baptism, I was pushed into marrying him and was doing what
    I thought everyone wanted me to do. He was a kind man and nothing was wrong with him, but
    I knew I couldn't live as a Witness and staying married to him would have brought me into
    many conflicts.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I read your post and I truly feel for you.

From what you posted your mom sounds angry , probably misplaced anger?

Nevertheless, as someone said earlier, the best revenge is to live a great life...and despite all the venom...try to shows love to your mom.

Sophie

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I was attending meetings and hoping to reverse my disfellowshipping for reasons on convenience, but now I'm seriously reconsidering it.
    This is simply too high a price to regain something that is broken anyway. I'll never be looked at the same.

Exactly!

You don't have to answer this, because it's strictly no one's business, but I hope the baby you're carrying doesn't belong to your jw ex-husband! If it is, be prepared for a nasty fight. When are you going to live with your dad? Isn't he in a different country? I hope you get as far away from that whole jw scene as fast as you can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit