Why would you make an 83 yr old woman go out in service????

by loosie 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Well I did it!!! I called headquarters to find out what hall mom goes to. I only threw up in mouth three times during the call.

I am surprised that they keep details like your address and your hall at brooklyn... I thought it was only the local elders who kept this info.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

good for you loosie, I hope you set them in line about your mother's safety, but as another poster stated, she may need some association with these people to keep herself happy and fulfilled.

PHG

• flipper
    flipper

LOSSIE- I'm so sory that your mom is made to feel guilt and fear from this evil organization wherein she probably feels she won't " live forever " unless she's regular in field service. It's so cruel of the WT society to push these older ones. My 87 & 85 yr.old dad & mom have already taken falls exiting the kingdom hall and out in service and my mom at her home hitting her head on furniture getting concussions at times. It makes me want to throttle the leaders of this cult. As well as my older brother who is too busy getting famous as an elder traveling around to building projects 5 days a week- rather than taking care of my mom and dad. His priorities are totally skewed. My wife and I do what we can but we live about 5 hours away . We'll be going up there pretty soon to do yard work for my parents. We call every few days. I feel so helpless sometimes as my parents would probably not want to move away from some of their older friends in their congregation. It's like all these older JW people are trapped inside the cult and hanging onto their " dreams " by a thread . Sadly- they'll all die thinking they'll be resurrected - but it's an illusion. Gawd, I hate the WT society ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My grandmother was such a gung-ho Witness. She knew the powers that be at Bethel. During the Great Depression, when the family often went without food, she fed Bethelites and prepared large bags of sandwiches to take back to Bethel. She did service with gusto.

She played the piano in KH. My uncle and mother were expelled from high school for flag salute. Her son was offered PAYMENT by Bethel to oversee a troubled NJ congregation.

She slowed down at about age eighty-six. Her most important possession was her JW identity card. Soon, she lost about forty pounds in a few months. She wrote letters and witnessed to others in the housing project. The overseer, all of 30, refused to give her a JW identity card b/c she did not do the requisite hours. She was dying.

I will never forget how hard she cried. She was humiliated but would not complain. It was shaming. Family members were outraged and told her they would call someone at Bethel for her. The overseer was just some local nobody. She cried. NOt a true JW after an entire lifetime of effort. She was born-in to a member of the remnant during Russell's time.

She died, not a Witness. I wanted to see how he would do field service at 100.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

BOTR wrote:

I will never forget how hard she cried. She was humiliated but would not complain. It was shaming. Family members were outraged and told her they would call someone at Bethel for her. The overseer was just some local nobody. She cried. NOt a true JW after an entire lifetime of effort. She was born-in to a member of the remnant during Russell's time.

That is really sad about your grandmother. It's hard to believe how some people can be so unfeeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit