Why would you make an 83 yr old woman go out in service????

by loosie 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Dunno if this will help but all the halls can be looked up on jw.org. Go to the main site, hit the lookup button then the Meetings option and you can search for halls, meeting times etc.

• maisha
    maisha

Remember that activity in general keeps the elderly young, gives purpose for living and sense of belonging.

all these are important for healthy life. if you just sit at home with no contact and bored you die real quick.

it is easy to say is not fair and no good for them to do this but they have the power to say no.

initial poster,,,,if your mum is impaired in thinking then it would seem someone is pushing where they should not be.

but this may not be the case, it is hard to take out impaired people in service, it takes effort, a lot of effort.

maybe you should quietly go observe from a distance, you might get a surprise.

if after this it is apearing too much then contact the PO and ask why this is happening when she is obviously not well enough to do this.

but first you should ask you mum if she enjoys this or it is pressure on her to do so.

would it not be sad if she was actually enjoying getting out and meeting people and you stopped it?.

remember she may not tell you exactly how she is feeling.

cheers

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

They made me go to 'difficult' read threatening doors when I was a child back in the 1960's.

Yes,worldly people in the general population despise Jehovah's Witnesses for using their children and elderly old woman as HUMAN SHIELDS to push their blasphemous proselytizing.

The Watchtower will reap what they have sown judgement is coming what goes around comes around....God is watching U

• Heaven
    Heaven

It doesn't matter your age or physical, mental or emotional state with this group. Your number 1 responsibility is to witness. If you do not Witness, then you're treated with disdain. That's how it is.

This organization is a performance based cult. When you can no longer perform, you are useless to them... and every single member knows it. My Dad couldn't even remember what books to take to the meetings. He told me 3 years ago that he doesn't understand what they are saying anymore.

So my father has struggled with this for years as his dementia has worsened. He moved in with me last year. He told me he didn't want me to tell the JWs my address. I pay to have an unpublished phone number with the phone company. Therefore, even if I give you my phone number you can't get my address, only the town I live in.

He is now in a nursing home. And once again, he does not want me to tell them where he is. I think this is a very telling statement.

Loosie, if you can get your mother out of there it would be good. But it may take a bit of time. In the meantime, it would be good to look into getting her some assistance.

My Dad is similar age to your Mom. All told it was a little under 2 years after it was first reported to me that my Dad was not functioning well anymore (not cutting his grass, not shaving, not going out much, not making his meals, etc) that he was no longer able to stay in his house. It was a rough couple of years. A lot of older people don't want to admit that they need assistive care. Add on the JW mindset and it's a tough slog. I kind of enliken it to baby steps. If there is a way to get them more assistance, this is the first step. I started going to my Dad's place every weekend to take him prepared meals, cut his grass, and clean the house. This was tough. My life came to a screeching stop.

In Ontario, we have an organization called Community Care Access Centre. I had them come in the summer of 2010 after Dad had his cataract surgery and they did some assessments. One of these confirmed Dad has dementia (which we already suspected). They started sending a Personal Support Worker to give Dad his bath. She would also socialize, get his lunch ready, and do his dishes. They will send in someone to do housework if needed. I told them I was able to take care of that so not to worry. We did not have to pay for any of this either. After the surgery and post surgery activites were completed, I started staying with Dad 2 days a week, travelling there on Thursday's after work and then working from his place Friday. That way there was someone in the house getting him some fresh meals and someone for him to talk to. This was also a very tough period for me. Going through the cataract surgery, and the post surgery activities (he was unable to put the drops in his eyes so I had to) was quite an eye-opener for me (pun definitely intended ). Basically, 8 months after his cataract surgery he was forced to move in with me. He was at my place for a little over a year. This was particularly stressful since his dementia continued to progress. There seems to be noticeable decline with him every 4 to 6 months.

All JWs who reach the ages our parents have can't believe the new system hasn't arrived yet. They can't believe their health has become poor. And they don't want to die. Such is the sad life of a JW. The realization that they are one day going to die and can no longer be a witness leaves them conflicted and depressed. All we can do is be there for them, be their advocate and help as much as is possible.

• Scully
    Scully

They need people like her so they can continue to browbeat the younger ablebodied JWs who aren't doing as much.

"Sister™ So-and-so is 83 years old. Sometimes she faints while she goes Door-To-Door™. She can't write anymore and has difficulty with conversation, but she Loves Jehovah™ so much that she is willing to overcome these obstacles to show her Faithfulness™. WTF is your problem?? Why can't you be like Sister™ So-and-so?? What prevents you??"

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't mean to sound mean_______Panhandlegirl

Hello there Panhandlegirl,

I understand what your sayin', I wasn't trynna be mean either

jus' tellin' TTATT, and how they roll. And while their rollin'

They run over and exploit the aged , small children and the people wit disabilities

Usin' them to guilt the teens and abel bodied adults into service

as others have pointed out on this thread

• wasblind
    wasblind

So my father has struggled with this for years as his dementia has worsened. He moved in with me last year. He told me he didn't want me to tell the JWs my address. I pay to have an unpublished phone number with the phone company. Therefore, even if I give you my phone number you can't get my address, only the town I live in.

He is now in a nursing home. And once again, he does not want me to tell them where he is. I think this is a very telling statement.

All JWs who reach the ages our parents have can't believe the new system hasn't arrived yet. They can't believe their health has become poor. And they don't want to die. Such is the sad life of a JW. The realization that they are one day going to die and can no longer be a witness leaves them conflicted and depressed. All we can do is be there for them, be their advocate and help as much as is possible.________Heaven

((((((( Heaven )))))))

I wonder how many Witnesses can bragg on the number of active 98 year olds out in field service.

If so , I got news, when thier field service time drop , run for cover and wait for the end

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation " in which the present wicked world will end."_______Reasoning book page 97

I have also witnessed an Elders wife, who everyone knew was havin' signs of forgettin' quite a bit

But because the Elder was well thought of , folks let it slide

I can understand this elder not comin' to terms wit the deterioration of his wife

it's hard for a loved one to face

But the other Brothers should have brought it to his attention

It took the sisters who rode wit his wife to point it out

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a way to make sure people waste every last bit of their lives in field circus. All it takes is for someone to develop a disability, perhaps a legitimate one, that stops them from being at the boasting sessions or being out in field circus but not from logging to a spiritual Satanist site. They can then learn a bit on meditation, perhaps practicing void meditation (virtually anyone can practice that regardless of disabilities). In the few remaining years, they could start reversing the damage done by the cancer of a religion. And that would be a blow to the angels.

• clarity
    clarity

Quite a number of years back there was a push to get everyone out d2d

and so the elderly were guilted into doing more than was reasonable ...

trotting out d2d on icy steps and slippery porches ... well one of them did fall

and broke her hip .... she never left the hospital!

clarity

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

I finally had to call the P.O. in my moms cong. I reminded him she needs the telephone tie-in, and that he and the hall could be held accountable for "bloodguilt", or law suits, if she and the other little old sisters drive over any school kids trying to "get thier time in".

nice. what was the response? not trying to jack the subject. my mom is 70 and full time pioneer in texas...HOT and HUMID. i am very concerned on her health(heart murmer). i wondered if a call to the cong would help anything. i concluded it would not.

to everyone experiencing the same i am sorry. i know how you feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit