If Serena wins gold, will she stand for the US Anthem?

by Open mind 36 Replies latest social physical

• Open mind
    Open mind

They're playing right now and Serena is ahead 6-0, 5-1.

Thoughts?

om

p.s. She just won!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Yep...watching it now! Waiting for her to thank Jehovah.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

She dominated Sharapova!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Anyone paying for full coverage including medals presentation?

I've just got plain old NBC.

om

• Quendi
    Quendi

She'll stand if she wants to keep the gold medal, and the WTS will remain conspicuously silent. Any "disciplinary" action taken against her will blow up in its face far worse than any pedophile court case has. No, the Society will look the other way, Serena will thank Jehovah and the country for the opportunity to represent it in the Games, and everyone will go home happy.

Quendi

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm sure you're calling it spot on, Quendi.

As long as she doesn't buy the equivalent of a $.50 Malawian Social Security card, she should be safe from the men in suits.

All WT snarking aside, she played amazingly strong today. Good for you Serena!

om

• Quendi
    Quendi

Meanwhile the U.S. men's basketball team is in a real dogfight with Lithuania, leading only 55-51 at the half. Is an upset brewing?

Quendi

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Serena will thank Jehovah and the country for the opportunity to represent it

In the post-match interview, when asked what it was like to represent her country etc., her answer was long and seemed evasive--nothing about country. But to her credit, among all the "Oh my gosh!" exclamations, I heard not a single "Thank you, Jah!" A lesson learned, perhaps?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I think she just won 3 mins ago ? I don't follow sports but this was CNN so,something big about here was mentioned.

• Open mind
    Open mind

@ Quendi, wish I could see it live. (I'm too cheap.) Let us know how it turns out?

@ gl tirebiter, yeah, she really dodged the question, IMO.

om

edited: FOX sports is keeping live scores posted here,

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/basketball/gametrax/Lithuania-vs-United%20States-20120804-1221213

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit