Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)

by ballistic 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have had this constantly for 3 - 4 months now and am finally on some strong antibiotics at my request in case it's infected inner passage ways and sinuses because I do suffer allergies and blocked ear passageways.

Anyway, if you are a closet hypochondriac in the making like me, you occasionally GOOGLE things to see what's wrong with you and find references to horrendous things, which make you worry you're going to die, or start dissolving from inside out.

One such site about ringing in the ears is telling me I have some connection to the spirit realm which I can hear as a ringing in the ears. If you don't believe me, GOOGLE ringing in the ears metaphysics, and you will find it is spiritual data downloading, my heightened spiritual awareness, a choir of angels singing or the noise of the spirit realm which I haven't been able to hear until now.

I'm not sure just why there are so many theories, but when I followed some advice, and sat back in my chair and focused on the noise, it is as they tell me, a kind of vibrational thing, and a kind of relaxation can befall you.

I'm not saying I believe any of this, just saying, I can see where the theories stem from. I wonder if there are many metaphysical theories about other diseases or ailments, or just this one?

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about acupuncture. reiki?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Ballistic

Trust, If anyone wait on some spirit contact through ringin' of the ears

they may not be able to hear the livin' when they tell you to

go get your ears checked by a Doctor

Please go get your ears checked

Some meds can affect the sensitive nerves in your ear

once they are damaged that's it

• jgnat
    jgnat

While you are waiting for that diagnosis, something like this might help:

http://youtu.be/QsFIV4LLYRI

• Glander
    Glander

Shortly before the ringing started a few months ago, did you experience any loud noise over an extended period of time? Like a rock concert or listening to music at a high volume on earphones, etc?

I've had T. for over 30 years and know the exact workplace incident that damaged my ears.

Spirit world frequency? No. Nothing that sexy I'm afraid.

• LV101
    LV101

Interesting info. The old info about turning the radio dial to static mode used to help my Dad's tinnitus. Don't know.

I heard on radio (speaking of spirit realm) scientists have discovered a portion of an individual's brain lights up when they pray -- she said that it literally lights up --- can you imagine! I wanted to go on the website and email to get more info but forgot about. Will try to catch radio station again and check out or try to google.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jnat you have a PM

Scientist have discovered a portion of an individuals brain light up when they pray_______LV101

Wow, LV101 I never heard that before, I'm gonna read about that

On a side note, next time we have a storm and the lights go out

I'm gonna make sure my oldest sister is here to give us light

she always prayin' for that husband of hers

BTTT

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I have had tinnitus for decades, brought about by multiple ear infections when I was young, as well as being aided along by very loud music. Mine is in the range of 13,000 hertz, so it is not in a range that is necessary to hear normally. I have developed the ability to block it out mentally, so I do not hear it constantly unless I think about it.

Maybe it is God is talking to me. If he tells me anything important, I will start a thread about it. Don't count on it.

zed

• blondie
    blondie

I have tinnitus and for about 3 years. After looking at my situation, the doctor concluded it started as a side effect of a medication I had to keep taking. I have learned biofeedback so I don't hear it that much during the day. At night I use a white noise technique, I listen to music on headphones. It has subsided to a degree but gets loud for short periods of time. The most important thing is to get adequate rest which the white noise technique helps for me.

I'm sure you found that many medications have tinnitus as a side effect, and it is hard to pin down a cause.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, Blondie, on the side affects of the antibiotics I'm taking for the Tinnitus, is listed "ringing in the ears", and low and behold, when I started taking them another noise started in the ear (a high pitched din), whereas the usual noise is more of a high frequency I can olny describe as what you might hear as a child with a temperature and bad flu.

What I did post - but I'm loosing text again - is my partner could actually hear this din when putting her ear nextto mine which I find quite amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit