For those who've left - any regrets?

by starfish422 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

No regrets......

ISP

• Sargon
    Sargon

My only regrets were the years I wasted. No looking back.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Starfish

I regret hurting my JW ex husband...I hope he finds a nice JW lady he deserves. Any single JW ladies out there aged between 28 - 36 looking for a nice looking JW man?? He is waiting on Jehovah...so hopefully someone out there might want to hurry things up for him...I would like to see him settle down and be happy.

Thats my only regret...if I could have done things differently I would have left the borg first...not the marriage first and then the borg. I used the failing marriage as an excuse to exit the borg...and the marriage was only failing because of our differing spiritual needs. Sorry for rambling.

Beck

• Farkel
    Farkel

I left the WTS in my mid-twenties and I have only one, small regret: I should have left a quarter century earlier.

Farkel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Only one regret.

I didn't leave soon enough.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I agree with the others who have said "not leaving soon enough".

Now I watch my son stuggle with informing his wife on how he feels and wish I had never gotten my kids into this.

j2bf

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I left at 19 and not by choice. I got the boot. But I look at that as a blessing in disguise. Regrets? None whatsoever.

Liberty,

You can't put a price on getting your life back.
    I couldn't have said it better!

Andi

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

I DAd 8 years ago. I've not regretted it. The "friends" that I lost I still consider as my friends, even though they won't have anything to do with me. I'd be there if the need came up for assistance [except financial, Dubz have been known to go to anyone for money and will rationalize going to an ex-JW --- particularly if it's a family member].

Glad to be free of the mind-control, the boring meetings, the ineffective and [for me] unpleasant field service, having to "like people" in the Congregation that I didn't respect.

Glad to be able to reach my own conclusions on matters, not what some lame-brains in Brooklyn dish up, be able to like people who I previously wasn't allowed to like, free to do what I want, when I want, with people that I want to be around.

One doesn't really realize the stangle-hold the religion has until separated from it and finally look at it from a dispassionate, critical, observing frame of mind. Then, one sees that the "Emperor's clothes" for what they are.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

None, really. I'm kind of a cold-hearted bastard at times, but now and then I feel bad for them, that I couldn't help my friends to escape. But, then I remember that it's their choice. Just have to wish all happiness for them.

Other than that, no regrets. I love being out.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit