What bad habits have you picked up since leaving the Borg.

by James Mixon 45 Replies latest jw friends

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    The only bad habit I have picked up since leaving the Borg is still occasionally looking at what they are up to by coming on here.
  • steve2
    steve2

Since leaving, I have masturbated much less which is ironic given the pressure I felt whilst in the organization to stop but couldn't. Ah, miserable, tormented youth. Give me older age and less personal torment. Increasingly the best thing to do in bed is roll over and go to sleep.

Sadly, I never drank as a JW and remain doggedly a teetotaller.

• stan livedeath
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I regret starting smoking. I lit one up on the day I decided to leave the JW's. I gave it up decades ago, but it was a dumb thing to do. I did some heavy gambling, now I just gamble occasionally, mainly on football results and the Grand National.

I tried pot, that was OK but I didn't feel inclined to stick with it. Disco dancing was fun after all the dire WT warnings about how arousing dancing could be. I enjoyed dating while unchaperoned, it felt good to be able to have female friends.

I went to a few boxing matches, it wasn't my thing though. I learned to play snooker and pool also. I quickly learned the difference between getting pleasantly drunk and smashed out of my skull. I went to pop concerts, saw Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton and the like.

I enoyed partying immensely. I still do!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I frekkin curse like a sailor.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ok where do I start: satanism, witchcraft, gambling, smoking pot, cannibalism, crack, crass sexual orgies, theft, blood sausages, worshipping angels, yoga, heavy drinking, and eating pudding with my bare hands.

....... Nahh.......

the only bah habit I got is the bad habit of no longer attending meetings or go out in the field service, thinking for myself and befriending apostates. And that's about it.

Eden

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Association with "worldly" people!! Gasp! And I love it! The world is a much nicer, open, beautiful place to explore and partake and participate than we were led to believe. Most people are wonderful, compassionate, friendly, helpful - Just normal people going on with their lives as we all share the same basic struggle and journey together.

NOT being a JW anymore has made me feel more compassionate, humble (realizing that you don't have all the answers anymore!), and connected to people.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm pretty much the same person I always was deep down. I haven't gotten any worse for leaving, and perhaps a bit better in accepting people, being open-minded. I'm by no means perfect, of course.

I tried a drink with vodka. It was pretty good. I stopped at one drink. I likely won't make it a habit as I am dieting. Nothing much changed. I'm now thinking that an occasional drink in moderation might actaully be benefitial.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Well.....I got into the bad habit of going to college and finishing 4 college degrees, learning how to fly single engine aircraft, and more than quadrupling my income.......

.....all the things that will take time away from ensuring my everlasting life by wasting valuable and precious time going door to door schlepping useless magazines.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got a computer, went online, and found several apostate web sites. Then I got the whole nine yards of sun-worship decorations, LED lights and all. (Yes, I believe in at least being somewhat green in saving energy and fewer sets of lights in landfills for bad bulbs). Then I got material upgrades on merchandise--clothing, small kitchen appliances, towels, even bed clothes. I got rid of that wimpy wooden coat rack that kept falling apart (and I got from the jokehovians), showing disrespect for them as I smashed it into a million pieces). In its place is a metal one that will last many years.

Later, I started preparing for problems that will soon hit. I got a good system of batteries, flashlights, and lanterns (so good that I can't wait for the electricity to go off and the generator to go dead at work). Against an energy crisis, I went out and bought all LED light bulbs--saving significant electricity versus compact fluorescent crap). And the motherlode--silver. Instead of trusting in joke-hova, I got silver (which is hidden in a location that is not to be disclosed--tough luck, Brother Hounder).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit