FYI - "Florida man kills door-to-door salesman: I'll kill anybody who steps on my property"

by AndersonsInfo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Maybe I'm out of line, I must be thinkin' this thread relates to the preachin' work more so than gun rights

so I think I'll take my leave . Have a ball

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Worst thing I ever had pulled on me going door to door was a pistol grip garden hose nozzle.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

From what I hear, JW's were working that street earlier in the day, but moved to another street when the salesmen started working it as well. What a blessing from Jehovah that they were directed to leave!

I made this up, but I bet you will hear it at a Circuit Assembly near you. Let me know, cause I won't be there!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I just cannot see why some of the posters here are soo hilarious on this.

A young man is trying to earn a crust (possibly with wife and kids) he is shot dead for knocking on the door of a potential customer. What about those who love him left with the dead body? I cannot laugh on this one..... SORRY

I also feel for witlesses who get it in the head because they think a stone age death god tells them to.

HB

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The last info available was that JW's should not ignore No Trespassing signs. If they do, and the people sue them, they are on their own according to the WTBTS. There was some sort of case where someone posted signs, and the JW's ignored it, when confronted, they claimed not to have seen them, which was not possible as they were clearly visible. The householder took the JW's to court and won the case. The Borg sent a letter around maybe 5-7 years ago regarding the official policy.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Sorry HB, you are right. Terrible thing that happened to this young man.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

That right to bear arms thing is marvellous, doncha think?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam sorry for the senseless loss of one's life but there may be more than what is presented current media. Let wait and see the next developments. But one thing is seem clear to me, its going to be a contested case. I will not be surprised if self defence claim come into the picture.

Scott77

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

That right to bear arms thing is marvellous, doncha think?

Because there were no murders before guns right?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

If their guns were taken away they might use something else like knives instead.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit