Jehovah kicks a puppy

by Simon 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Caleb,

Because I think you and Hold Me, Thrill Me are a couple. That's why. And I think it's sweet of you to support her comments.

• fiddler
    fiddler
    The Genesis account, IMO, is a mishmash of ancient stories that were taken from oral traditions going way back in time...farther than the 6,000 years JWs claim...think Catal Huyuk and Nevali Cori in Anatolia...serpent like figurines have been found in those places and they date back to 8,000 BC. Maybe the 'Serpent' was just a man, a Shaman, dressed like a serpent. I read that in some books a long time ago, 'From The Ashes of Angels' and also 'God's of Eden' by Andrew Collins. These are not so much scientifically accurate books so much as they simply pose a different view of ancient history. I found some of what I read at least more believable and logical than the JW version I was brought up with. Serpents have long been venerated or demonized throughout ancient history.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

One of the older publications (I'm thinking it is Life Everlasting in the Freedom of the Sons of God) had a Garden of Eden picture with a snake that had stubby legs and feet.

Because of this picture, I was sure that I had secret knowledge of snakes that none of my school mates in the 3rd grade had.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

HaSatan

The name HaSatan, (satan) - and the feminine form Sitnah: - come from theverb (satan) meaning to resist or be an adversary and is used six times in scripture,

for instance in Psalm 38:20, where it reads: '...they me because good follows me.')

The noun (satan) is used much more frequently.

N fS = Satan

c Sheen - is a picture of teeth and communicates the idea of devouring, consuming,

or destroying.

T Tet - is a picture of something coiled like a serpent and carries the idea of thecontrast of distinguishing between good and evil.

N Nun - is a picture of a fish and can represent something that is perpetual and or

eternal and is symbolic of life.

when we put it all together we can see the devouring consuming snake is seeking to

destroy man by convincing him that evil is good that in doing so as man partakes of evil

it will warp his ability to distinguish between the two thereby robbing him of his eternal

existence and forfeiting a life with HWHY (Yahuah).

HaSatan tempts a man to give up "all" to gain what he thinks he might want, need or

even what he might think is "good" for the gain of his own soul and ends up forfeiting

his life to get it.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or

Matthew 16:26

what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

As man thought once to give up his life in order to gain. Christ asks him to do it again...Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will

Luke 17:33

preserve it.

HaSatan (Hebrew: ה ש ןט ha-Satan ("the accuser"); Persian "sheytan"; Arabic:

ناطيشلا al-Shaitan ("the adversary") both from the Semitic root: Ś--N) is an

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Well, first off DJS, as I am a gay man that would be very odd for me to couple up with a woman.

Second, if my IP address is checked by those who own this site I am sure it can be verified we aren't anywhere near one another.

And last, why not stop the character attacks and continue with your own arguments or present counter ones we can all benefit from. I think you raised excellent points to begin with which is why I added my own.

• DJS
    DJS

I haven't made a character attack. You both joined at the same time and you fully support Hold Me's views. I find that more than coincidental, but other than being adorable is anything but an attack. I did state that your circular reasoning was nauseating me, which it is. I have yet to attack your character. Only your arguments.

I find your spin about Satan circular, specious, and insulting to my intelligence. I have read that spin before and rejected it for the same reasons. It's all made up or none of it is made up. I choose the former, for all of the reasons you will find on similar OPs as well as this one. It comes across as Jesus and his Magical Mystery Tour, minus the rock stars that would make it interesting.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

To accuse me of joining up and partnering with someone I don't known and lying about it--if I did that about you, wouldn't that be calling your character into question? And as a gay man I do find it a bit of an attack on my character to automatically associate me with a heterosexual union.

I think your arguments are valid and need to be voiced. I was just presenting counter ones. I didn't expect this type of response and will leave it there.

But I do hope it gets proved how wrong you are about me having connections or knowing this other person and that one day you learn that you were attacking the character of another human being.

I no longer fell welcomed here, dear moderators and fellow posters.

• DJS
    DJS

Caleb,

If you took it that way I apologize. I meant it in exactly the manner I described. Welcome to the forum. I really don't get involved with theist/scripture discussions, so I will back away and let others respond. Again, welcome and all apologies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This particular writing in the bible that Simon pointed out is just another reconfirmation that most of the writings in the bible are just expressed ancient mythological beliefs scribed into literature, out of their own specific reasons, intent and need.

As there are some obviously good virtuous human sociological directives that may be there particularly in the New Testament, one shouldn't forget that these writings were still directed from men from out their own present perception of moral justification of the times in which they lived.

The greatest sociological war that was apparently active in that era of human history might have been whose god was the mightiest, most powerful and was the most valuable to have connecting relationship with from a human perspective.

To the ancient Hebrews YHWH was the greatest of all gods and their faith and belief systems was based from this singular envisioned god.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

That Genesis account was the beginning of the awakening for me. Never made any sense as a Believer. Why would God (if he exists) punish the victims immediately and give the perpetrator a delayed sentence? That's like a Judge giving Charles Manson probation indefinitely but at some time in the future, the Judge will give him capital punishment. In the mean time, all the victims have to pay a large debt to the state for their life. Would be BS! Just like that Genesis story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thtLY9KVAo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit