A Great Discussion With My Wife

by breakfast of champions 34 Replies latest members private

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Excellent news! I can't wait to hear your other experience from the weekend.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nicely done Sir!

• mrquik
    mrquik

Great start.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC, I'm glad you had such a productive conversation with your wife. That's really good that she listened to you even when you said things that could have resulted in her going into "defense mode" and just completely shut you down.

If i could have gotten my ex-wife to listen to me we might still be married. She just didn't want to hear anything critical of the organization.

BOC: … think of all the witnesses in nazi Germany who lost their lives. Were they not praying for their lives? Or did god decide to answer their prayers in an "unexpected" way - their murder.

Exactly, so many of the JW anecdotes about "the power of prayer" are demeaning to the concept of God and actually undermine faith for thinking people.

You might appreciate this thread on the subject:

BOC: I was angry because all my life I had been lied to. All my life decisions were made based upon someone else's lies. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society were LYING TO ME.

Yes this is VERY upsetting. When I got to this point I was so upset I didn't know what to do.

It's good you reaffirmed your love and respect for your wife. But honestly you do NOT need to feel that you betrayed your religion. On the contrary, it is the religion that betrayed us. They are the ones that should feel guilty and ashamed. But they don't.

Be patient. It sounds like you two have a good chance of coming out of this together!

00DAD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Don't have time to respond to everyone, but THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!

Just wanted to let you know Experience 2 is up under "My Wife the 'Rebel'"

This is an amazing place. Thanks again.

My Wife the 'Rebel'

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Very encouraging discussion . Keep loving each other and remain honest with each other .

Whether she ever leaves the religion or not, as long as you can be happy, and truthful with each other ,and respect each others viewpoints this is what matters the most .

• out4good3
    out4good3

A great discussion indeed.

That was an encouraging read.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

you are not the breakfast of champions, you ARE the champion

well done sir

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Great news!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

All I can say is - this is wonderful and encouraging.

I lived through a similar process and the joy that comes with successfully freeing the mind of someone you love is almost indescribable!

I wish you success as you work through the process! It takes time, and there may be setbacks, but if you persevere, and take the high road you will prevail!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit