Disturbing new YouTube video showing Anthony Morris's approach to teenage baptism

by cedars 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

The video is banned in sweden also...probably for copyright reasons.

• moshe
    moshe

Children are not as naive as when we were parents. I suspect that for every teenager who gets baptised another one is wise to the WT scam and avoids the water like the plague. The strong-willed kids bail, but the wimpy kids get manipulated and end up baptised before 16- they will also make compliant adult JWs.

When I was in charge of the Theocratic school around 1977, I noticed ( looking at the past records) one girl who regularly called in sick and didn't do her assignment. When I cornered her about it later after she cancelled out (after my best efforts to pressure her mother into getting her to the KH--she was about 13 as I recall) in the KH lobby, she was defiant and laughed it off. It was plain that she knew I couldn't force her to do a part- I could schedule her all I wanted- she wasn't playing my game.

last I checked she is a nurse in a Florida hosital and never got baptised- she was the one who ended up taking care of her infirm elderly parents- not her other 4 brothers and sisters - JWs all.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Well you see moshe THEY are busy with 'theocratic activities', putting the 'Kingdom first in their lives'.........

GRRRRrrrrrrr

• cedars
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This message from Anthony Morris is basical children must dedicate themselves to the corporation or else be executed, he's a real sick bastard.

Second question that one must say yes to in order to be babtised:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism." Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.30

• moshe
    moshe

Hope and fear- the WT plays the JWs like a fiddle- hope for the new order & eternal life- fear they won't be good enough, fear their kids will be killed for missing meetings and having weak faith= they didn't get baptised and dedicate themselves to a worldly corporation. They reel the JWs in with hope- and keep them trapped by fear. Children are motivated more by fear, than by the WT message of hope for the paradise. Keep scaring kids and parents= keeping the numbers up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is it just me, or is Morris v3.0 stepping into Jaracz's shoes?

At least Jaracz didn't make propaganda videos...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What does "old enough to reason" mean?

Old enough to drive a car? or Old enough to choose by reason what they want for desert? What color dress to wear? Do they want the shinny penny or the ugly old dime? What is this old enough to reason really mean?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Old enough to reason. My favorite parts are when he says "we've never said that", like its some great revelation he is explaining that he gets to be in charge of.

My other favorite part is after the driverse license analogy, he says we don't force it, but then says but don't you accept "any of that buisness".

This guys arrogance just spills out of him.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Prob,

Yeah his thinking & reasoning ability is really impaired to say the least. Seems like a touch of Narcissistic Personality Disorder to me, the way he conviently contridicts himself all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit