Disturbing new YouTube video showing Anthony Morris's approach to teenage baptism

by cedars 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

If anyone was under the illusion that all baptized JW children become dedicated solely of their own volition, then hopefully this new video should be a wake-up call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlgbJdGoJ-U

(Unfortunately, due to the soundtrack I've chosen, this video is apparently banned in Germany. If this affects you and you would like to participate in a German version of the video, please contact me and I will happily work on this with you.)

Cedars

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

This guy is disturbing. Billions are going to die, and they're not getting in on your coat tails. If they're old enough to get a drivers license they're old enough to get baptised.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

That is disturbing Cedars!! Did Morris really say all that ver batem or are these sound bites clipped together?

Also, why is this soundtrack you used illegal in Germany? Is it because they only allow David Hasselhoff to sing?

It seems like the kids getting baptized can barely touch the bottoms of the pools.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

After watching this video, I was so overwhelmed with sadness and anger.

What a rigged game and a fucked up contract... fuck the the WT, fuck the bible, and fuck god as the bible defines him!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Time to go cry myself to sleep again. Poor Watchtower kids....

-Sab

• Heaven
    Heaven

Christ was an adult when he got baptized. Why do these Watchtards (thanks Outlaw) continually go against Christ's example?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I remember the incessant guilt trips growing up about getting baptized. They came from all angles. If you weren't baptized at 16 then people's eyebrows raised. Witnesses cannot grasp how a child could make a commitment to learning about motor vehicle safety to aquire a licence and not commit to the Jehovah's Earthly organization. To the Witnesses that's like putting Satan's world ahead of Jehovah's. It's an environment of total emotional manipulation. What Morris doesn't talk about in his talk is the disciplinary actions that getting baptized makes you accountable to. So many times growing up I would hear things like, "You shouldn't not get baptized because you are scared of disfellowshipping." It was a real problem, because taking the plunge is litterally selling your life away to a soulless organization that will brutally punish you for the smallest of things. It's ironic that Morris faught for America in the Vietnam war. Now he has own totalitarian dictatorship and is using unethical child recruitment policies himself. We live in a crazy world.

-Sab

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone! Did anyone notice the video clip at the very end of the tiny young girl being baptized? She is so small the water is almost up to her shoulders in the pool. She's all-but immersed simply being BEING in the pool! I couldn't believe it when I saw that video, and I just had to use it. I hope it gets the point across.

iamwhoiam - I can assure you that the audio from Anthony's talk wasn't edited in any way. It wasn't clipped, pieced together, abbreviated or otherwise tampered with. Those are his actual words as he spoke them from the platform. I understand the talk was given in 2009/2010. It's take from one of many talks that are available to listen to on the following link...

http://theocraticmedia.com/v/Governing_Body/Anthony+Morris/

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Fear is the mind killer ...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My Name is Anthony..

Why does Everyone call Me..

DICK!?..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this