23,000 cases of child abuse

by tootired2care 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The letter from the hacking group Anonymous asserts that there is a list of some 23,000 who are associated with Jehovah's Witnesses, that have been accused of abusing children. Several threads on this board also seem to say the number is in that vicinity too. I searched around a bit but didn't really find how that number was derived.

Does anyone have any insight or references to how this number 23,000 was arrived at? Thanks in advance.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I think I found what I was looking for. hopefully this helps anyone else who wanted more details about this. This is going in my "truth about the truth" folder that I'm going to share with my family at some point. If this isn't one of the strongest pieces of evidence to show that this religion is not the truth, I don't know what is.

http://www.silentlambs.org/answers/23720.cfm

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Check out silentlambs on the interwebz. There is a bit more info all together there.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What is confusing about this article is that they seem to suggest they have the file with the contacts that the insiders gave them. If that is the case have they released this to the authorities or is this just a poorly worded paragraph?

In the spring of 2002, silentlambs was contacted by three different sources who claimed to have connected with people inside the headquarters of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, located in Patterson , New York . These insiders provided silentlambs contacts with a computer data base number of 23,720 child molesters on file there. The files labeled as the “specialized shepherding arrangement” is a front for reporting child molesters to home office. Patterson is the location for the Service and Legal Departments of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, now calling itself the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses of New York, and it is in these two departments where these highly confidential files are kept. It is interesting to note the ramifications of this extraordinary number.
  • Kudra
    Kudra

wow, what a great line from the telememo on file at SilentLambs--

--check out the form that Bethel fills out on reports of child abuse... See Survey Question #9 in the Child Abuse Telememo:

"How many elders felt that the victim was somewhat at fault or willingly participated in the acts?"

Keep in mind that in the memo, the victims are CHILDREN.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I know it's disgusting. I always remember hearing from certain elders that the age of accountability is much younger than we think...My ass!

I think this was so well said and so true, the children/victims are the lowest priority!

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses keep a data base of child molesters that in large part is never reported to police? The protection of money not children is the basic reason. The purpose of the data base is to monitor and prevent persons Jehovah's Witnesses have determined to be child molesters in their membership from serving in official capacity in the congregation. This in turn protects Watchtower Inc. from facing litigation for negligence for putting molesters in a leadership positions which could cost the organization money in the courts. The protection of children remains the lowest priority as this data base remains confidential from the congregation and many of the people that are kept on file will continue to molest children with the protection of "church" confidentiality.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I've never heard that as a number of child abuse cases. I've only heard of it as the number of perps.

• clarity
    clarity

In the spring of 2002, silentlambs was contacted by three different sources who claimed to have connected with people inside the headquarters of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, located in Patterson , New York . These insiders provided silentlambs contacts with a computer data base number of 23,720 child molesters on file there.

>

So since 2002 there must be many more "child molesters" within the jw organization.

Are there any records or knowledge of these?

Maybe Barbara Anderson would have some idea.

Just seems like 23,000 is an outdated number.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Sorry double post

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    I've never heard that as a number of child abuse cases. I've only heard of it as the number of perps.

Yes good point, I should have been clearer about that at outset; the number of cases are probably much higher as many perps were no doubt are repeat offenders. The article also brings out that the ratios of dbags to members is far worse than even the Catholic church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit