Why we really SHOULD trust the Governing Body...

by cedars 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Somebody said:

If we trust the Governing Body, then we would HAVE to admit that we trust in men. And we also would HAVE to admit that we put our trust in UNINSPIRED MEN at that.

Are you trying to go somewhere with that line of apostate logic?

Psalms 146:3 (KJV)

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

Well, that CLEARLY doesn't apply to the Governing Body, because didn't you hear the tape? They LUV you, they worry about you, and PRAY REALLY HARD for you: sometimes past 5 pm! They're working HARRDD, and it's REALLY HARRDD....

Reminds me of SNL's Will Forte jabbing Bush on the presidential debate (which I can't find on-line, grrrr).

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Starts at around 3:20.

Elder (to Sydlik): Look at all the info. I researched for a shepharding call.

Sydlik: You don't need that! The way women show up to work nowadays is sexual harrasment, and you're going to show this to the brother?

Elder: You're right! *throws away all his hard work in the trash*

Elder (to audience): It was then I realized the love.

*throws away all his hard work in the trash* *throws away all his hard work in the trash* *throws away all his hard work in the trash*

Rinse, lap it up, repeat.

• somebody
    somebody

Somebody said:

If we trust the Governing Body, then we would HAVE to admit that we trust in men. And we also would HAVE to admit that we put our trust in UNINSPIRED MEN at that.

Are you trying to go somewhere with that line of apostate logic?

Psalms 146:3 (KJV)

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."

Well, that CLEARLY doesn't apply to the Governing Body, because didn't you hear the tape? They LUV you, they worry about you, and PRAY REALLY HARD for you: sometimes past 5 pm! They're working HARRDD, and it's REALLY HARRDD....

Reminds me of SNL's Will Forte jabbing Bush on the presidential debate

HA! I think I'm in love with King Solomon! :-) That was great!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Reminds me of SNL's Will Forte jabbing Bush on the presidential debate

HA! I think I'm in love with King Solomon! :-) That was great!

Well, thanks for being in love with me (a 3,000 yr old man is blushing), but I'm looking for the video where Will Forte parodies Bush saying how hard he works, e.g. below, but can't find Forte's parody! (grrr....) It's Season 30, Episode 1 of SNL (with Affleck) where Will Forte goes, "it's hard: I don't even know why opponent wants the job! Cuz it's REALLY HARD work...."

Damn internetz is letting me down! Can't find the 2004 Presidential Debate anywhere... (it's probably locked up to paid subscribers of Netflix or, I found in on Hulu Plus, but it's pay only....)

Anyway, here's Bush's classic "hard work" statement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ38wu5Fp6w

• somebody
    somebody

Damn you King Solomon. You did it again!

"Why,salvation depends on working faithfully as his dedicated slaves!.... By the preaching work today, the antitypical ‘man clothed in linen’—the remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers—is ‘marking’ those who will survive the end of this system."~~~ Watchtower 1/15/89

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wha'? What did I do? Does this uncovered evidence mean George Bush is going to be President in the New System? :)

About this:

the remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers—is ‘marking’ those who will survive the end of this system."~~~ Watchtower 1/15/89

"Marking" those who survive? Is Armageddon (Take 2; Noah's Deluge was Take 1, and it apparently required a do-over as it didn't take) going to be like the Passover, where the doors were marked with the blood of the lamb? Or maybe this is like the mark of Cain, where Cain was blemished and hence unfit as a sacrifice to atone for the death of Abel?

Wow, all that blood symbolism gets kinda messy and creepy....

• clarity
    clarity

Sydlik: You don't need that! The way women show up to work nowadays is sexual harrasment, and you're going to show this to the brother?

Elder: You're right! *throws away all his hard work in the trash*

>

Wtf does that mean??????????????? anybody???????????????

Worse vid I have ever seen

>

Trying to work-up fellow feeling for the poor overextended gb using this ploying gibberish ....omg!

When love and caring is REAL it doesn't need to be made into a public talk!!!!!!

clarity

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This speaker is definately making some of his own projections about the Governing Body that express an almost worshipful adoration of his idolization of such men and what they say.

If this speaker could only see himself as equal and give up the this "GB is god and goodness" thought loop he will do better in life, I think.

• hoser
    hoser

A couple of tidbits I picked up on. at about 0:48 the speaker mentioned the members of the faithful slave feels responsible for the great crowd's

salvation. The 10 thousand or whatever the number is of partakers now don't have any say in any of the policys. Then he continued on calling them

the governing body.

this is the funny part: at 4:58 after the speaker had said he had researched for the sheperding call brother sydlick said you don't need this throw that in the garbage.

what did he research? wt publications of course. you don't need this throw it in the trash. basically saying that the watchtower should be thrown in the trash couse the brothers don't need it.

and one more thing. how do I sign up for a 1 day a week job like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit