Why we really SHOULD trust the Governing Body...

by cedars 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

They put in overtime for us! We should be greatful! What is it that they do again?

-Sab

• cedars
    cedars

sabastious

They put in overtime for us! We should be greatful! What is it that they do again?

They pray for us. The speaker in the video said so himself. Apparently they think and pray about us A LOT (between lunches). I had absolutely no idea they did this - and sometimes beyond 5 o'clock in the afternoon!!

How selfless!! This video has really opened my eyes. The reasoning is flawless.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, it seems that you have failed to notice that those meetings are only held once a week!

• cedars
    cedars

From the video...

"Those brothers are praying LONG and HARD for you."

Wow, that sounds like some serious hardcore praying. I like the sound of that!

Has anybody ever seen a brother doing HARD praying? What does it entail? Can you really feel the burn from the excessive supplication?

I would love to know what it feels like to pray in this way. Perhaps someone could provide a demonstration?

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD

Cedars, it seems that you have failed to notice that those meetings are only held once a week!

You're so cynical! The fact that the meetings are weekly is irrelevant. These guys get down to business at 8.30!! That's at least half an hour before some people start work.

They then go right up until 5 o'clock, and sometimes beyond that!!! Even if they stopped at 5, that would still be EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS of solid thinking and praying about you and me (not including the lunch break). Plus, as I mentioned above, they do LONG AND HARD praying on our behalf, which as we know is even more effective than normal praying.

Can't you see that these brothers really stretch themselves on our behalf?? I can't believe I misjudged them so badly...

Cedars

• blondie
    blondie

So do their prayers have more value in God's eyes.

(Luke 18:9-14) 9 But he spoke this illustration also to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and who considered the rest as nothing: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week, I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ 13 But the tax collector standing at a distance was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward, but kept beating his breast, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to me a sinner.’ 14 I tell YOU, This man went down to his home proved more righteous than that man; because everyone that exalts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted.”

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cedars: Who is that brown nose j-dub? I could hear all the brainwashed Hovie Jovies in the background just gobbling it all up. What sick bastards!!!!

Kojack

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sydlik must have been a funny one. At least he was a character, not like the bland crowd they got on he GB now.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They pray for us. The speaker in the video said so himself. Apparently they think and pray about us A LOT (between lunches). I had absolutely no idea they did this - and sometimes beyond 5 o'clock in the afternoon!!

But Jehovah doesn't listen to everyone's prayers they say so themselves. How do we know God is listening to them specifically when they admit that he doesn't listen to everybody? Does some organization exist that can be looked at to dertermine if their prayers are being answered? If they are merely a "theological arrangement" no organization would actually exist and therefore they would have no liability towards it. But there is this group of people out there who call themselves the "Jehovah's Witnesses" and they all say they get direction for a "Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses" who sends them literature and personally directs their congregational leadership. This particular group has rampant child abuse within their ranks of all types. They also possess a lower quality of life because of lack of education. This seems much like sending a list of wanted toys to Santa Clause doesn't it? Oh boy, that's ironic because I used to go to people's doors, as a Jehovah's Witness, and tell them that believing in Santa Clause was exactly like serving Satan the Devil.

That's really weird because Santa Clause was purposefully created in order to be a force of good in the world. Would that mean that Governing Body was also purposefully created in order to create an organization of child abuse? That's funny because in the world of ideas, who would be best suited to be an enemy of Santa Clause?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Maybe their prayers are imbued with the power of Grayskull?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit