So, I'm probably not an Infidel, per se..

by freeflyingfaerie 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Never let go of this thought

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. --Albert Einstein

Yes!

Except, if you truly ARE an agnostic, it is a whole lot harder than it sounds. It's not believing in supernatural on one day, then switching to disbelief the next: that's just being inconsistent.

Instead, agnosticism requires reserving judgment until there's more evidence, and not holding either position!

An analogy might be sexual orientation, comparing someone who lacks any sexual interest in either sex (asexual) vs someone who is bisexual. The agnostic is asexual, not bisexual....

My idea of agnostic is the aspect you mentioned...reserving judgment until there's more evidence, and not holding either position....

p.s. the sexual orientation analogy doesn't work for me, this agnostic is not asexual, lol

~~~~

I'm reading Chapter 4 of "The God Delusion", 'Why there almost certainly is no God'....in the past I've dismissed natural selection, Dawkins brings a light to it.

I like his 'Climbing Mount Improbable' illustration..

Funny, there was an unexpected reference in this chapter to the Watchtower's book "Life-How Did It Get Here?.." It is so obvious how narrow-minded the WT is. Their 'logic' is insulting to the intelligence.

It's so much more satisfying exploring the different angles and options, rather than bringing up a complex question and then being served a ready-made answer that stops any further questionings.

None of us knows the answer to the origin of the universe( which is why I may always be agnostic), but it's relaxing and calming to keep lifting away fear and ignorance, little by little...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit