So, I'm probably not an Infidel, per se..

by freeflyingfaerie 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

just found that Flatland trailer, lol! That's the idea...guess we've all been there in our minds somehow!

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

it's so goofy but real. i love it

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

FFF says:

A part of me really wants to believe this, that there is more meaning to the mysteries, beauties, and even suffering of this present life here. An intelligent design of some sort..

And it was exactly the same desire, the need to find an explanation for our existence, which led some ancient ancestors to come up with a story (in fact, MANY different stories) to solve the discomfort of NOT having an answer.

The old saying goes that "God(s) didn't exist, and hence man made God(s) in man's image, to fulfill His needs for comfort".

It worked, and was wildly successful beyond the earliest men's wildest dreams to reduce the mental anguish. However, God became kind of a pusht jerk, which allowed some men to take advantage of others. That's been a great secret, forbidden knowledge to even consider, let alone utter.

Of course, few people understand that the Jewish ritualistic system was desired not only to give a sense of community and cultural identity, but to allow the Priestly class to impose a tax of sorts on their neighbors. Thus it was a free hand-out for them (in the form of a portion of the animals slaughtered in the Temple that the "butcher" priests were allowed to keep).

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey freeflyingfaerie!

My own journey out of religion started when I was asked to explain what is the gospel in one word.

I was intrigued and disturbed at not knowing the answer, especially since I was "in the truth".

Little did I know where following this map would lead...

To God, and permanently away from any and all religion.

Now I realise there is nothing religious leaders secretly fear and hate more than this map, the "unabridged gospel".

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

And it was exactly the same desire, the need to find an explanation for our existence, which led some ancient ancestors to come up with a story (in fact, MANY different stories) to solve the discomfort of NOT having an answer.

It is a tragedy that many of those stories became nitemares.

It may just happen that I will die an agnostic..

What's wonderful is that even not knowing the answers......the sunset is still beautiful, the human spirit is still full of heart, and mangos are still just as sweet..

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

As long as you can "handle da Mango" - nice comments from all above

Agnostic is not bad, as long as you are HAPPY wit it!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

this is what I was looking for - da mango & J.Lo

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mango-and-j-lo/2667/

• caliber
    caliber

A part of me really wants to believe this, that there is more meaning to the mysteries, beauties, and even suffering of this present life here. An intelligent design of some sort..

Never let go of this thought

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. --Albert Einstein

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Except, if you truly ARE an agnostic, it is a whole lot harder than it sounds. It's not believing in supernatural on one day, then switching to disbelief the next: that's just being inconsistent.

Instead, agnosticism requires reserving judgment until there's more evidence, and not holding either position!

An analogy might be sexual orientation, comparing someone who lacks any sexual interest in either sex (asexual) vs someone who is bisexual. The agnostic is asexual, not bisexual....

• caliber
    caliber

asexual.... doesn't sound like a lot of fun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit