Danny Boyle - Genius

by Slidin Fast 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am so American and I absolutely loved it. The copper petals and McCartney were unbelieavable. I've heard the very same banter for decades with Hey Jude and love it.

Extraordinary!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My kids and I liked it.

• Diest
    Diest

Well done London. Dont let ole' Mittens get you down.

• cedars
    cedars

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The bit with the house and the text messaging confused me a bit, but overall I thought it was a masterpiece. A perfect blend of artistic spectacle and humour.

Highlights for me were the 007 bit, the Rowan Atkinson "chariots of fire" gag, the transformation from green and pleasant land to industrial revolution, the homage to the NHS, the touching gesture of letting the next generation of athletes light the beacon, and best of all, the President of the IOC reminding the world that Britain invented sport!!

One slight criticism - I noticed no frost giants were represented. Perhaps it was for their own safety with so many Thor-worshippers around, which I suppose is understandable.

Otherwise, great stuff!!

Cedars

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Agreed!!!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As much as I loved it (see the other thread) I don't get why Paul McCartney is getting rave reviews. Don't get me wrong, I love the Beatles but McCartney can't hack it anymore. He missed his backing track which clearly he was going to mime/sing along to and his live voice was not up to the job on it's own. Of course he bravely pressed on but I felt really sorry for the guy as he sounded more like me singing it.

I also think that given the fact the rest of the show was full of unexpected surprises I think Boyle could have been a bit more inventive about which British music legend and song he used to close the ceremony.

Just saying like.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Loved it. Missed the Queen's bit...need to find it.

Think of all you guys over there across the pond. Well done!!! Let the games begin!

• donuthole
    donuthole

Faul McCartney ;-)

• cofty
    cofty

I am not a racist but when I saw all those Indian children singing I was wondering where were the games taking place. Was it Delhi? - NOBrains

I am not a racist but......

Yeah right.

• konceptual99

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit