Jehovah's Snitches

by Gnosis 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

@konceptual99 That meeting was torture. Especially the bible reading with all the,"you peoples way is not adjusted properly, the Slave is Jehovah's channel so they are adjusted right. If you don't see it their way you are not adjusted right", crap!

Oh yeah, back on the current subject, it is a demonstration of your love, loyalty, godly devotion and spiritualality to be a tattle-tale rat over the smallest of infractions.

• blondie
    blondie

Leviticus 5:1 is used a lot to "encourage" snitching. But it is important who you snitch to; should you snitch to the elders re pedophiles, murderers, drug dealers, robbers...no go to the police. Elders are not equipped to investigate these nor have the secular authority. The jewish religious leaders wanted to execute Jesus but had to have the Roman government do it.

*** w11 8/15 p. 31 par. 15 Pursue Peace ***If a Christian becomes aware of a serious sin on the part of a fellow believer, he should encourage that one to confess the sin to the elders. (1 Cor. 6:9, 10; Jas. 5:14-16) If the wrongdoer does not do so, the Christian who has come to know about the sin should report it. Failure to do this in a mistaken effort to maintain peace with the sinner makes one a party to the wrongdoing.—Lev. 5:1; read Proverbs 29:24.

*** g88 9/8 p. 20 Should I Tell On My Friend? ***Understandably, you may not feel you have the spiritual qualifications to readjust an erring friend. But would it not make sense to see to it that the matter is reported to someone who is qualified to help? Why, neglecting to do so could even make you ‘a sharer in his sins’! (1 Timothy 5:22; compare Leviticus 5:1.) It could call into question your own loyalty to God and to his righteous standards.—Psalm 18:25.

*** g70 12/8 p. 27 “You Must Not Testify Falsely” ***Anyone who knew of serious wrongdoing and failed to report it became a partner to the wrongdoer. By pretending that he had seen or heard no wrongdoing, he was living a lie and was just as much in the wrong as one who under oath would testify falsely against his brother.—Lev. 5:1; Ps. 50:18.

• donny
    donny

To show you how well the JW system of snitching is set up consider one of my experiences.

In 1990, I was a customer service manager at a nationwide computer repair company. One of our big accounts called me and said they were upset with the Field Tech that was sent to their facility the day before. The caller said the tech did not appear "to know what the fuck he was doing."

The next day I mentioned this to my group of 18. I did not say the word fuck but I did spell it out.

Unbeknowst to me one of the ladies working in my dept was a Witness. She had been in my dept for 8 months and never mentioned that she was a fellow believer. I had an "Aid to Bible Understanding" on my desk as well as a few other things that identified me as a JW.

Evidently she went to her Kingdom Hall that evening (Tuesday) which was in Garland, TX and told the elders that I had stumbled her. They took my name and called Brooklyn who told them I went to a Kingdom Hall in Farmers Branch. They called the presiding overseer in my congregation who verified I was in his congregation.

When I got home from work on Thursday there were two elders outside of my house wiating for me. They asked if they could come in and talk to me about a matter. I said "yes" and invited them in.

We sat in the dining room and they asked they could open with prayer before proceeding. As one of the elders began praying he asked Jehovah to open my heart to the counsel I was about to receive. At that moment I did not hear anything else in the prayer as my mind began racing trying to figure out what had I done.

After the prayers conclusion they asked if anything unusual had happened recently. I told them that I was not aware of such. Then they dropped the bomb on me.

They said a sister in the Garland congregation who worked for me was stumbled because I spelled out a curse word in a meeting on Tuesday. My first response was "what sister?" I was not aware of any sister working for me.

Then when they further described how she felt, I finally was able to make the connection to whom they were talking about.

I then asked them to leave and if they wanted to, we could discuss it at the meeting that evening.

After they left I sat back and marveled how well this spy network functioned. I stumbled some unknown JW on Tuesday at my place of employment and on Thursday there are elders waiting for me when I get home.

This was one of the embers that set the fire leading to my exit.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

donney

WTF....Wonder how many plp she has ever stumbled, what a bitch, & the lame pricks who followed it up

you could have turned it around on her & claim that you were stumbled by her not declaring to you that she was also a jw

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"WTF....Wonder how many plp she has ever stumbled, what a bitch, & the lame pricks who followed it up"

She's not the cause of the problem by telling: it's the POLICY based on 3,000 yr old beliefs that DEMANDS people to snitch that is the problem.

Everyone has a choice to live by rules of iron age hunter-gatherers: only fools would, and then gripe about how old-fashioned the rules are. No shitze, Sparlock! What else would you expect?

• maisha
    maisha

LOL ,, I was ratted on,, someone said i was seen masturbatiing, The Bro who ratted me didnt want me getting appointed, just normal JW competition. with a nasty jealous twist. I had not been showing enough interest in the sisters, That changed real fast...

I was pulled aside asking if i had HOMOSEXUAL thoughts. Mastubating = Homosexual?.. news to me!

Jesus i was so Jerked off.... lol

If they only knew how many sisters had been bedded...

grin.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Another catagory of jw's that are really irritating are the ones that are always "concerned" about somebody's spiritual whatever. Their just busybodies watching to see whose at the meetings, whose not out in field service,inappropriate clothing questionable behavior at gatherings keeping a watchful eye bothering everyone. My husband told me he was sick of people coming to him with their concerns. We are so glad to be out of that spyworld.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i was almost ratted on for going into a smoke shop, even though i was jst looking at the shirts. i had it out with that self righteous ahole.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Maisha - the Brother who ratted you out, was he outside your windows with binoculars are something?

How the Hell did he catch you in the act? Ya' should've knocked his teeth out, unbelievable what some Dubs put with.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

A key issue to note is that in a Cult what is truly defined as a "sin" is determined by the leaders of the Cult.

So for example in the Jehovah's Witnesses, if someone questions or disagrees with the leaders of the group (the Governing Body), that would be considered a sin and failing to report the sin would make a person eligible for God's wrath at Armageddon (according to the Governing Body).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit