Jehovah's Snitches

by Gnosis 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gnosis
    Gnosis

Do members of a congregation usually snitch on each other for "sinful behaviour" a fellow member is caught doing ?

Like smoking for example

How common is this snitching in the name of Jehovah and is it encouraged by elders or in propaganda works ?

• irondork
    irondork

Yup! While the elders are under no moral, ethical, or legal (in most cases) requirement to report the molestation of a child to the police, you had better tell the elders when you catch Tommy-teenager smoking or masturbating... or you will be in deep doo-doo.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I was snitched on for saying that I didn't like the idea of 7 billion humans being executed at armageddon and another person told the elders that i was questioning the governing body as god's channel so I was called in for questioning to see if I said those things and one elder said If i did that would be apostasy.

Very Crazy

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Nancy

That is crazy stupid, I learned (before I left) to hold my tongue,

Trust nobody - EVER

but I agree - 7 Billion can't be wrong

• wasblind
    wasblind

So true Irondork

I learned that there are two kinds of witnesses, The sheep, who tell on the molesters

and the elders, who sweep what's been told under the rug

These are the same folk who can witness 'bout the things heard of Jehovah

but that same witness can't tell the authorities nothin' 'bout the things heard

from a child who's bein' molested

Why ???? because they are told to " wait on Jehovah" to fix it

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Members are *required* to spy on one another. If you don't rat each other out, Jesus will slit your throat at Armageddon.

Those covering over sin become as guilty as the person who committed the sin.

This is common within most high-control groups.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there leavingwt

The WTS must not know that Molestin' children is a sin

which makes the Society as a whole guilty

BTTT

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Yes it's true.

Elders will often have serious discussions with young ones in the congregation and with skillful use of Leviticus 5:1 - they will drive home the point that even if they hear a rumor of wrong doing - they must report it to the elders.

The Oracle

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I wonder if I will have this soon. A witness ¨friend¨ just unfriended me on FB...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

During the book study this week it was brought out by someone in the cong that young ones could emulate Paul's newphew by grassing up their double life mates. He went and told the Romans about a plot by the Jews to ambush Paul and kill him. Young ones now can do the same by telling the elders if they know something wrong is going on.

See there is a parallel in everthing - now young ones can be part of the "Bold Nephew Class".

This is the same meeting in which it was shown that prayer is a mighty powerful thing when some brothers locked up in Rawanda prayed for the CO to visit them and lo and behold one was arrested and locked up with 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit