Have You Ever Spoken To An Elder About Your True Feelings About "The Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

... just wait on Jehovah ...

That's what I'm doing .... outside where it's safe!

• minimus
    minimus

Great comments here!

Zoiks, remember most elders are functioning alcoholics!

Walls, it's true. Just stay the course and leave us (elders) alone.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I agree with Wasblind:

All I can say is , it's ashame that this religion turn

otherwise good people into liars

Also, quite a few here have said that an elder would come to their house to answer their questions but never show up, because they can't answer legitimate questions, such a sad organization/cult !!

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

by the time i did talk to an elder, he was no longer an elder, bt he was my book-stdy conductor from the time i was...maybe 8-13 or 14? something like that. then one summer i come back home to california and he's not an elder anymore. he never told me what was up, but i suspect he lost a lot of his faith as well, though he never said that. part of me also wonders if he stepped down due to a possible molester, there was one guy in our hall who was technically baptized, but he was...so weird. always liked hanging around the young boys in the hall and my book study conductor had 2 really yong nephews in there. kinda sorta 3 really, but that last one would have been by marriage.

as i never loved god, not even when i studied or got baptized, it wasn't ntil i was practically out of it at 19 that i started asking him to talk to me about that. so i let it all out, that i didn't love god and he took it in stride. we talked about the bible, read scriptures, no publications, it was nice. i miss him. he was a stand up guy and while i know that there were some things he said to keep me in it, i always felt he had my back which is a lot more than i could ever say about my mom.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I have given bits and pieces over the years but never the whole shebang. As far as they are concerned, my issues are about the attitude towards single women and the general attitude towards college and careers. They don't seem to care about stuff like this because it doesn't reach far enough into the heart of what is really wrong with the religion.

The closest I ever came to "outing" myself in public was when I gave a piece of my mind to some poor guy in a neighboring congregation who was doing streetwork. (He's a retiree who made his living before he came into the religion and people like this don't have a clue about anybody who has to go out and do it now.) I blasted him and told him a few choice nuggets about how I was talked about because I work full-time. He walked away when my language got "blue". Who knows who he went back and told? I really don't care.

I spoke the truth, though, and make no apologies.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LongHairGal: I spoke the truth, though, and make no apologies.

Whew, LongHairGal was letting her long hair down! You go girl!!! ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit