Have You Ever Spoken To An Elder About Your True Feelings About "The Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've has conversations with certain elder friends but I never gave them a total pummeling, at least I haven't yet.

What about you?

• undercover
    undercover

Nope. Not in a statement as such.

I have questioned. Expressed doubts. But leaving it open ended as if I were seeking their help (this was early in my exit). I did it more to see how they replied more than expected real answers. Their replies were standard WTthink and speak. I knew one elder who I thought might be in tune with my thoughts, but once I dropped a question that could have led him to express similar doubts, he unloaded with WT lingo as if he had written the publications himself. Just another brain dead WT zombie.

• minimus
    minimus

hmmm.

• simon17
    simon17

I have. I am not DF's or anything but I met him and we talked about why I was inactive. I was very coy about the whole thing in the beginning and insisted I didn't want to cause waves by speaking about how I felt about certain thigns. He assured me there was no risk with him and he appreciated my discretion in not trying to overtly cause others to doubt their faith. I gave him tons of things I didn't believe in and explained why. He thought I had some good points, some he didn't believe, and a lot came down to his believing that having strong values was very difficult to find elsewhere. Overall, he was very cool about it and wished me happiness.

• wasblind
    wasblind

An elder approached me not to long ago, Promised to show up at my house

wit answers to my questions. All I can say is , it's ashame that this religion turn

otherwise good people into liars

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

My father was an Elder before they were called that. (Congregation Servant) I knew better than to express any doubts to him. He made it plain he would have disowned me the way he had already done to my 1/2 brother.

Both my husbands were or became Elders during our marriage. I was a true believer during their time as such. I saw hypocracy and favoritism galore in the Borg but chocked it up to "imperfection". I told my husbands of my feelings but never any other Elder. It turns out that both of my husbands quit the position.

Ex husband quit because he hated how the other Elders behaved in committee meetings-especially involving young sisters. They asked accusitory and lurid questions. He said it was obvious that they had no interest in helping anyone. they only wanted dirt- the dirtier the better.

Second hubby was a newly appointed Elder when we married. Soon, he too, became dissilusioned over the way pedophilia was handled. We had 3 in our cong. They were all ingood standing, commented to beat the band, and their moronic wives stayed with them and gave these bastards their full support!

Sooooo.. in my case the Elders came to ME with THEIR true feelings about "the Truth" Both knew more about the ugly underbelly of the Borg than I did as a Rank and File sister. Both Elders left the Watchtower BEFORE I did.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Yes, my husband (an elder)... he knows exactly how I feel.. about everything. He even knows I go on apostate websites. He thinks I should be free to believe as I wish without interference, even if he doesn't believe the same as me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I was in my late teens I told them..The WBT$ served up the same old same old..

I was then offered a study about the same old same old..

Nothing gets through to those people..

Bored of the same Old Shit?..

We can Cure you with the same Old Shit!

..................... mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Outlaw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit