The Anonymous hacker group has announced that they will begin infiltrating the WTS to obtain their database of pedophiles.

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Also, the public pastebin is standard for when they do their Ops. As far as I understand, they use something encrypted called IRC to communicate privately among themselves (I don't understand anything about it; techy-jargon again that's Greek to my ears).

Like I said, I'm not Anon and wouldn't get involved in such a thing, seeing as I like staying out of jail and also have a hard time reconciling myself with the idea of vigilante justice. But I do have a really close, long, long, looooongtime trusted friend who's into that stuff. This person knows that I don't condone it, and I've turned down this person's offers to teach me stuff about getting involved. I'm more like, "Don't tell me what you do with/for Anon; I don't want to know". This person has confirmed for me that this is a for-real thing. I don't know anything else about it other than what's in the pastebin, though, and don't wish to know anything not already available to the public, other than the confirmation that they are involved.

I don't know if/when they'll be able to decrypt it. It'd be nice, but I'm not going to get my hopes up or hold my breath, because who knows?

• LV101
    LV101

brizzy -- For-real thing!!! WOW -- thanks for update. I'd read a few posts about it being all a big fake and was thinking we were certainly gullible. Watchtower obviously knows their files have been busted whether they're ever "decrypted." Maybe this alone will cause them to correct their stance on pedophilia and protect children.

• Jude77
    Jude77

um, this is (supposedly) the group that has hacked government sites and major corporation sites and they're having trouble decrypting files from a penny ante cult?

This is a large scale money making operation under the guise of a religion that has billions in resources. Anything IT related of any importance is outsourced - there's not a lot of brainwashed pioneer go-getters with degrees in computer science at HQ. The file that they got their hands on is heavily encrypted. Even with massive computing power at your disposal in conjunction with a brute-force attack, decrypting a file that has modern heavy encryption on it could literally take many years to get the job done. The best hope would be an inside source helping out IMO.

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see it pulled off by such a group. Really expose the inner dirty dealings of the WTS, but I am not sold on the idea that a group like this would pay any attention to such a fringe religion.

I feel kind of the same way. Watchtower Corp keeps themselves out of the limelight unlike Scientology, and have a far smaller social consciousness footprint. I don't think that the drive to take them down is nearly as high, thus probably won't attract the talent and numbers needed to actually accomplish anything. Even if they did something like a large-scale DDoS, all it will accomplish is to take their websites offline for a little while, which isn't much in the grander scheme of things.

That being said, if anyone can get this done, it's Anon for sure. At the very least, I'm all for anything that brings attention to this disgusting business/cult that has ruined and stolen so many lives.

• LV101
    LV101

Is Scientology a danger to children like Watchtower? Do they hide molestation/rape and have the blood restriction rules. Anonymous is possibley seeking protection for children which is admirable! Scientology swindles adherents out of their money but that's not unique --- Tower hounders are always begging plus their shunning operation structures them to receive estates when parents cut off their own children. Tower hounds have their bases covered.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Plus their shunning operation structures them to receive estates when parents cut off their own children.

Do they really? I've heard of widows without children who leave their property to the WT, but do they disavow their own DF children in their wills? Now that you say it, it makes sense, but is that in writing as policy where it could be verified, or is it word-of-mouth?

Man, that's some cold-hearted stuff....

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hacking and encryption breaking are two totally different things. Hackers expolit weaknesses in networks and systems to gain access. Systems get hacked all of the time. Government systems being hacked is no surprise at all.

Encryption is a method of scrambeling the data so that it is totally meaningless unless you have the key to decrypt. I implemented AES 256bit encryption on all of our data where I work. . One statistic that I read was with all of the combined computing power in the entire world it would still take over 10,000 years to break it. To my knowledge it has never been broken. Weaker encryption methods have been broken with enough computing power and time. This is no simple task compared to hacking.

The SarbanesOxley Act of 2002 mandates that all public companies must report if any backup tape is lost or stollen. However, if the data is encrypted, no reporting is required. Don't get your hopes up people. The reason companies encrypt data is so it can't ever be read by someone without the encryption key.

• LV101
    LV101

I've read a couple of times (on this board) how parents were leaving a percentage to the cult --- and, also, certain posts where parents were bequeathing their estates to them. I thought about it and it makes perfect sense. Kids leave the cult and the parents are brainwashed to leave the cult their estates to spread the "good news". I bet they hound those parents to death. So you had a child that died of lack of blood transfusion --- ooops --- one less child in that family for those parents to leave anything to -- more for the cult to stand to inherit.

What is that bird called that circles when animals are dead -- that's what this cult is. Can't think and I grew up on farm watching these. Rushing here supposed to be preparing my tea sandwiches for charity.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Vultures!

• LV101
    LV101

ahhhh, thank you. Vultures! Like your screen photo (avatar I guess it's called) of Bob Ross.

Someone here has the greatest avatar --- think it's blue and it could be a gradated wash like in watercolor/maybe oil.

• bohm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit