The End of False Religion Is Near! HAHAHA

by tootired2care 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

What's wrong with the edit feature, it won't let me save.

• average joe
    average joe

I know some witnesses and Its obvious they don't want people to die..... nor do they feel joy at the thought of someone dying .. to say so is preposterous. .

Whether right or wrong to spend your own precious free time out in the summer heat offering literature and more of your precious free time for a home bible study add on top of your time the amount of money it costs to pay for gas, food and drinks for the family, dry cleaning etc. My friend says all witnesses are desperately trying to find a bible study or just someone to listen to them. I would think they dont go door to door in this crazy heat spending their own money on the preaching work because they hate people and want to see them die. just my 2 cents.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

WOW how did they know that the watchtower would start to crumble on lots of carts in my city of a million people they have got teaching books that were printed in 2006

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    My friend says all witnesses are desperately trying to find a bible study or just someone to listen to them. I would think they dont go door to door in this crazy heat spending their own money on the preaching work because they hate people and want to see them die. just my 2 cents.

Most are doing it out of fear, obligation and guilt. In short they have been coerced by the group into wasting time out in service. If the GB said that door to door was no longer required and that it was up to each publisher to decide how to spread the word, field service would quickly die out. Even if they just stopped requesting time slips field service hours would drastically plummet.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    averagejoe: I would think they dont go door to door in this crazy heat spending their own money on the preaching work because they hate people and want to see them die. just my 2 cents.

The JWs don't go door to door to save other people

They are doing it to save themselves

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Average Joe, you're right; I don't believe that every JW is eagerly awaiting the violent death of their neighbors. That's something at least :) At the end of the day, people tend to do what they believe is in their best interest. I think that is especially true of JWs. It's why many exJWs fade instead of shouting TTATT from every rooftop. As a never JW, once I gave any serious thought to JWs and their beliefs (which wasn't until it was really in my interest to do so), I asked myself, what is it that makes them stand with magazines or knock on doors or not celebrate birthdays? These are not "normal" behaviors. It just doesn't come to someone to do any of these things. Yet JWs have been taught that offering Watchtower literature is "preaching" (what God wants them to do) and doing anything that is not OK'ed by the Governing Body is "being a part of the world" (what God doesn't want them to do). Add to that the smugness and sacrifice you can feel from standing in the heat to "preach" to a doomed world that ignores the urgent message magazine holding and you get a situation that most JWs are about the show, trying to rack up points with God. It's about them, and if someone comes into "the truth", it's a side benefit--or worse, a notch in their belt.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Outsider, you've got the hang of it!

Jesus got the time of the end wrong, it was meant to come in his day. "Imminent" therefore means at least two thousand years...

But actually it's just the banter of religious showmen, the world is not coming to an end.

For all the bad news in the media ---where the only saleable news is bad news---the world in most fields of human experience is getting a whole lot better. Less murder, less war, less famine, better health and medicine and a longer life span to enjoy it all.

Jehovah is a pathetic outmoded god concept and only benefits the Borg leadership. But I do agree that false religion will end, all who take the Bible and holy books literally............ and that includes Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ Orphan crow, bearing in mind that now the preaching work is all about the role of the governing body so by extension they are unwittingly doing it to elevate the profile of the leadership, imagining that their preaching will save themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit