The End of False Religion Is Near! HAHAHA

by tootired2care 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Memories! I remember a few years back being involved in the campaign work, and having the distinctly awkward experience of having to hand the householders this piece of sh1t tract "The End of False Religion Is Near!".

I recall the discomfort I had trying to get into a conversation about this nonsense. Wow 6 years and still counting, and the WTS is still around who would have thought it (LOL). I love how they deceitfully place their unstated prophecy in the title. Nothing like a call of doom to get the flock excited. This is just a another reminder of how delusional and wrong they continue to be even in recent years.

What were your thoughts deep down when you were handing this trash out?

• Niveau
    Niveau

I loved it - tract campaigns mean not having to start a real conversation. All you have to do is hand the person their copy and you're in the clear. Now there are the two regular ones for the memorial and the convention, but back when that came out, it was my first time participating in one and they were special. I remember being really bummed when we went back to regular service, since it was so much more work.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I'M GONNA DIE.

and

I will be pissed at the religion if this is all bullshit. Trying to control everyone through fear tactics.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

It's like a Doomsday version of Reader's Digest, only much more boring....

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@Niveau
    Yes, agreed; hand it out and move on to the next door was a relief; but when someone actually asked for an explanation, good grief there wasn't much to say that would make them not look at you like you were bat sh1t crazy.

@bottleofwater
    Are you referrring to all religion or just JW's?

@King Solomon
    Funny thing I never actually read it, even though I handed it out ...I guess I had that in common with 98% of the other pubs.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The tract that got even some of the slacking JW's to enter back into the Field Ministry. We re-activated many inactive ones, they thought this was the WT's "Prophecy Of Doom" or "Judgement Message". Is this still spoken of, the old time brothers spoke of a time when we would be no longer preaching "the message of Good will" but instead a message of "You Dead, It's too late".

I know brothers who were excited to get ready to preach the latter. How would one go to someone's house with the "Message Of Doom"?

ok, "Hello, my name is Bob, remember when I use to call on you and your neighbors, yes it's been twenty years now." Householder "What's your point" Bob, "My point is it's now too late, I am here to hand you this tract that explains in details how you are going to become part of "the great feast for the fowls of the heavens, Good Bye!".

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

" Hello, my name is Gabe, your gonna die! Bah-wah-wah wah wah!!!!!!! "(Message Of Doom Tract)?

"Hello, I told you so, sorry suckers!" The glee coming from these people would be disheartening, some would not feel pity or sorrow, just a sense that finally have been vindicated for their life of warning everyone it's now here!

• smiddy
    smiddy

When was this tract /brochure distributed ? i`m a bit fuzzy about these tracts ,wasn`t it in the seventies we had a series of tracts to give out over a period of a year or so ? If I remember correctly ,during the seventies ? a number of tracts were to be given out in the coming months , the speculation was 7 tracts coinciding with the seven times going around jericho,and the downfall of false religion ,bringing on Armageddon

Ps. some brothers were almost literally running around distributing these tracts in expectation of the end.

smiddy

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Smiddy the tract "tootired" is talking about was about six years ago.

"The Message Of Doom" was speculation started by Traveling Brothers to get the Congregation fired up! We had people coming up with all kinds of crazy slogans, ideas on how fun and dangerous (we would be accompanied by angels, since this was the End.) the "Message Of Doom" preaching would be. No worries, nobody would die during the Great Tribulation, Jehovah would conceal the faithful.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Smiddy the tract "tootired" is talking about was about six years ago. I wondered if there was a 1975 tract that was to be handed out in case they saw events moving towards Babylon's destruction? Do you remember the crazy magazines in the 1986-87 time frame, how nasty those magazines were on Babylon the Great's fall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit