How many doubting Thomases?

by konceptual99 16 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@Black Sheep - TBH I'm not really interesting in causing damage - it's my faith and beliefs I am worried about and what effect any major shift in those may have on my family. If anything I want to minimise the damage. Having said that the point about being in good standing is well made. I have considered coming off as an MS but it actually makes my questioning easier as the red flags are not up.

@baltar447 - I'd not seen that thread so thanks for the pointer. Everything it said was true. Interestingly enough we were with some friends today and the topic of these grab bags came up. People are losing the plot and going mad buying complete survival kits, loading up with all sorts of junk. We've been waiting so long for something to happen the mere mention of some sensible precautionary advice and everyone is running around like headless chickens imagining all sorts of scenarios and speculating wildly on what the society really does know and what could be in store for us around the corner.

I've no idea if that's what the society wanted 'cos when I heard the letter it sounded pretty sensible, but the sense of urgency and expectation it's generating is remarkable.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

By 'damage', I mean damage to the Watchtower's grip on their minds and allegiance.

Encourage the grab bags. Its a great idea. If there is a disaster they do have some prep. If there isn't, in a few years the food in them will be passed it's use by date and another opportunity for snide remarks about gods stuck in privys.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Encourage the grab bags. Its a great idea. If there is a disaster they do have some prep

And you'd better believe the GB would be curtseying as the R&F prostate themselves in honor of their prophecying skillz.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I believe MANY have doublts, but do not act on those fears due to what they percieve they may lose.

Blood doctrine change was a big one for me (personal reasons ) and also the wrap up with Generations

the other stuff most R & F witnesses are not aware about, unless they look at the internet, and you know how that goes

my thoughts only

• jam
    jam

The story of doubting Thomas , odd story.

Why would someone that witness the miracles

of Jesus be so pessimistic. Some people rejoice to

see A glass half full, but Thomas sees it half empty.

Thomas," I don,t believe A word of it. you've seen

what you want to see. Jesus is dead, I saw him die.

He,s dead and the sooner you accept that fact, the

better off you"ll be. Give it up!

In thomas case, he does not stay A doubter, he

became an outspoken advocate for the Lord.

How does that compare with the Witnesses today?

Can the borg remove any doubts among the RF and

how can it be done? Today, the borg credibility is liking.

The reason why so many doubting Thomases.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I appeared to be a pillar of faith. Pioneered, bethel, MS, strong family. Yet even as a teenager I doubted, and pioneered because I hoped it would improve my faith. I think most doubt, and often those that work hardest are just trying to busy themselves enough to stop thinking about the reality of the organisation.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My doubts caused me to study more and pray more.... and the more I prayed and studied, the more questions that were raised, and discovered things that didn't make sense...

Which lead to me leaving...

I think there's alot more JWs questioning things than there ever has been before. It's good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit