Question? Do you know of any “statutory rape”, or “Child Molestation” cases handled as “Consensual sex “(fornication) by Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Judicial Committees?

by Balaamsass 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was talking about this with the Mrs., and we can recount at least half dozen cases in the last 20 years of ADULT J.W. MEN having sex with teenage boys or girls. Not only were the police not informed, but also the VICTIM was treated as a guilty party in “Fornication”. (THEY did not scream, fight, or call the police right away, some drugs or alcohol involved- it does not matter). In our state, the age of consent is 18, and D.A.s rarely prosecutes underage sex unless the age difference is greater than three years. (Little danger of Romeo and Juliette romances turning into a sex crime, as Watchtower legal likes to assert).

Is it possible that most of these cases were never even REPORTED or recorded as “Child Molestation”, or even appear on the Brooklyn Bethel pedophiles list? If true, the number of names is a FRACTION of what it should be.

Have you heard of this? What do you think?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

all i can say is: i wish i paid more attention at meetings if that's the case. forget the lesson, that's sounding like a tv novela. all i'd need is popcorn

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

I know such case (I'm in south of France).

The two sisters of a friend (disfellowshipped 6 months ago for apostasy --- Elders didn't like Raymond FRANZ lol ).

His first sister was very young, she was molested by the father, JW (about 30 years ago). Elders did nothing. The father is always JW. Her life is a hell.

The second sister, molestation was with the grand-father. But I don't know if he was JW.

It was a summmary, sorry I don't speak english very well....

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I know of one locally just recently in a nearby hall. 15yr old gal and 30 something married Ministerial Servant with kids. The mother was threatened with Congregational sanctions if she went to the police. All hushed up and swept under the rug.

Another one a few years ago not too far away. Married MS got young teenage JW girl drunk and raped her. MS claimed it was consensual to his Elder father and the local body of elders, confessed, and said the developmentlly slow 15 yr old "seduced" him. He got private reproof and removed as ministerial servant. The girls incensed mother went to the elders rather than the police. She was ordered to not involve the police, because she and her daughter would be disfellowshipped for "slander" against the brother. The rape victim, an unbaptized girl was treated as a "Lolita" who seduced a fine upstanding MS .

Both cases were not reported as Child abuse. I was shocked that the mothers and daughter were so afraid of shunning and "not bringing reproach upon Jehovahs name"(and the child) they were shut up. They could not be convinced to go to the police.

The Mrs told me of 2 more cases 15 + years ago that involved men that were elders. One still is.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Digging around on the Web I found the California codes that might apply in these cases. In California, a case of Witness tampering,or conspiracy might be made.:

California PENAL CODE SECTION 261-269 261. (a) Rape is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person not the spouse of the perpetrator, under any of the following circumstances: (1) Where a person is incapable, because of a mental disorder or developmental or physical disability, of giving legal consent, and this is known or reasonably should be known to the person committing the act. 3) Where a person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known by the accused. 261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age. (c) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170. (d) Any person 21 years of age or older who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is under 16 years of age is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for two, three, or four years.

262. (a) Rape of a person who is the spouse of the perpetrator is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished under any of the following circumstances: (1) Where it is accomplished against a person's will by means of force, violence, duress, menace, or fear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on the person or another. 263. The essential guilt of rape consists in the outrage to the person and feelings of the victim of the rape. Any sexual penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.

264. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (c), rape, as defined in Section 261 or 262, is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years. (c) (1) Any person who commits rape in violation of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 261 upon a child who is under 14 years of age shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 9, 11, or 13 years. (2) Any person who commits rape in violation of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 261 upon a minor who is 14 years of age or older shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 7, 9, or 11 years. (b) (1) If the victim of an offense described in subdivision (a) is a child who is under 14 years of age, the defendant shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 10, 12, or 14 years. 269. (a) Any person who commits any of the following acts upon a child who is under 14 years of age and seven or more years younger than the person is guilty of aggravated sexual assault of a child: (1) Rape, in violation of paragraph (2) or (6) of subdivision (a) of Section 261. (2) Rape or sexual penetration, in concert, in violation of Section 264.1. (3) Sodomy, in violation of paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (c), or subdivision (d), of Section 286. (4) Oral copulation, in violation of paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (c), or subdivision (d), of Section 288a. (5) Sexual penetration, in violation of subdivision (a) of Section 289. (b) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 15 years to life. (c) The court shall impose a consecutive sentence for each offense that results in a conviction under this section if the crimes involve separate victims or involve the same victim on separate occasions as defined in subdivision (d) of Section 667.6.

136.1. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (c), any person who does any of the following is guilty of a public offense and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year or in the state prison: (1) Knowingly and maliciously prevents or dissuades any witness or victim from attending or giving testimony at any trial, proceeding, or inquiry authorized by law. (b) Except as provided in subdivision (c), every person who attempts to prevent or dissuade another person who has been the victim of a crime or who is witness to a crime from doing any of the following is guilty of a public offense and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year or in the state prison: (1) Making any report of that victimization to any peace officer or state or local law enforcement officer or probation or parole or correctional officer or prosecuting agency or to any judge. (3) Arresting or causing or seeking the arrest of any person in connection with that victimization. (c) Every person doing any of the acts described in subdivision (a) or (b) knowingly and maliciously under any one or more of the following circumstances, is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years under any of the following circumstances: (2) Where the act is in furtherance of a conspiracy. (4) Where the act is committed by any person for pecuniary gain($$)or for any other consideration acting upon the request of any other person. All parties to such a transaction are guilty of a felony. (d) Every person attempting the commission of any act described in subdivisions (a), (b), and (c) is guilty of the offense attempted without regard to success or failure of the attempt. The fact that no person was injured physically, or in fact intimidated, shall be no defense against any prosecution under this section.

California Penal Code Section 182 (a) If two or more persons conspire: (1) To commit any crime. (5) To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public morals, or to pervert or obstruct justice, or the due administration of the laws. When they conspire to commit any other felony, they shall be punishable in the same manner and to the same extent as is provided for the punishment of that felony.

CA B&P Code: 6100. For any of the causes provided in this article, arising after an attorney's admission to practice, he or she may be disbarred or suspended by the Supreme Court. Nothing in this article limits the inherent power of the Supreme Court to discipline, including to summarily disbar, any attorney. 6101. (a) Conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, involving moral turpitude, constitutes a cause for disbarment or suspension. In any proceeding, whether under this article or otherwise, to disbar or suspend an attorney on account of that conviction, the record of conviction shall be conclusive evidence of guilt of the crime of which he or she has been convicted. (b) The district attorney, city attorney, or other prosecuting agency shall notify the Office of the State Bar of California of the pendency of an action against an attorney charging a felony or misdemeanor immediately upon obtaining information that the defendant is an attorney. The notice shall identify the attorney and describe the crimes charged and the alleged facts. The prosecuting agency shall also notify the clerk of the court in which the action is pending that the defendant is an attorney, and the clerk shall record prominently in the file that the defendant is an attorney.

Soooo based on California Law it would appear a case might be made that those Elders CONSPIRED to CONCEAL a crime and intimidate a rape/molest victim. It would be something to see a JW Judicial commitee sent to prison for 3-8 years..............

And I also wonder about the Bethelites who gave them that advice......and the paper trail of who gave THOSE BETHELITES advise.......

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yeah, I know of at least 3 cases where a Jw couple hire a teen girl from the cong to babysit. The adult father had developed a rapport and trust in the girl. These dads would offer to drive the girls home late at night and somewhere along the line they would have sex with the girls. Undoubtedly, they made sure to offer alcohol or worse. (possibly drugged)

In each of these cases the underage girl was not babtized yet. Only one of the 3 dads was disfellowshipped. None was reported or viewed as rape. The parents of the girls were furious but were afraid of sanctions. At least one of the parents left the Borg that I know of. I believe the only reason that the one JW dad was dfed is because he had cheated on his wife numerous other times before. (considered a practice)

The other dads simply said "I'm sorry" and it was handled like a slip on a bananna peel AND CONSENTUAL!!! The girls were considered "Bad association" and treated accordingly.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Some would say handling this in this manner 3 times that you know of as a PATTERN!

Idiots.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

New Chapter do ya think?

Yes a pattern, I think anyone treating a child this way should spend a few years in prison with the label of Child Molester, AND be disfellowshiped.

Elders covering up RAPES and Child molesting should be criminally charged with conspiracy. Anyone at Bethel who is advising them to do this should be charged. Any Attornies helping conceal these crimes charged, and disbarred.

• only me
    only me

Yes, a 25 yo Bible study had sex with a 15 yo one time and confessed to the Elders. The elders did nothing to the perp except ignore him at the meetings. The girl, who was a cutter and had depression issues, was removed as a publisher and there was a marking talk. She was treated as though she responsible for the whole incident. Also the circuit overseer told the Elders to not report it to the police.

She ended up in the mental hospital several times and was unable to finish highschool. On the bright side, it was the first step out the door of JWs for the girl. She is doing well and will never go back to the cult. Oh yeah, she is getting her GED and going to go to University to be a therapist.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

only me, I am sorry to hear that. I wish her the best. Would you please send her my utmost empathy? I have a very similar story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit