did u know any jw self-made millionaires? any multi-millionaires?? how would u know???

by oompa 24 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

and what do you make of the overall social structures within the org? and not just in the usa............................oompa

it is not a caste system...you can move up the ranks

oh and i knew 12 for sure multi because they owned large corps two public....one was ralph darling of oakwood mobile homes right here in greensboro nc...he died long ago btw....and i think i knew two more that were at least millionaires

• darthweef
    darthweef

From my experience, if you were rich in the world, you were generally "rich in the truth" .. all the millionaires that I have known, specifically businessmen, have all held elderships in the congregation .. most didn't deserve them.

• James Brown
    James Brown

In Cleveland I knew the Zaremba family they are Jehovahs witnesses they build shopping centers

and houses. I dont know but assume they are millionares.

My presiding overseer owned a Buick dealership. I dont know if he was a millionare or not.

Probably not, probably had a million dollars worth of debt.

The witnesse I grew up with in Cleveland many of them did very well financially.

I have to describe most witnesses I knew as very materialistic, money hungry.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I never met a wealthy born-in JW. However, I know of a lot of wealthy JWs that became wealthy before they were indoctrinated as a JW.

It's also funny to note how JWs treat fellow JWs who are educated/wealthy, compared with those that have low status jobs (window cleaners etc). Even in the "world" I've never seen such prejudice, and I work in an office where the CEO is worth somewhere above thirty million, and the office workers work for $15 per hour.

• eva luna
    eva luna

You Nouveau riche human, should be banned for talking about outing someone.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There were the Mighty Brothers.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I know a JW window cleaner in Cleveland. He might be a millionare. He lives in a very nice

house. He cleans the windows on all the skyscrappers in Cleveland.

Ohio Business list his income at 500,000 a year he's been doing that since the 70's.

He's probably got a few million stached away.

He left the JW's about 15 years ago and became a born again believer.

• talesin
    talesin

I know two.

One invented the machine they use in coffee shops to deliver cream (small, medium, large shots) - it's called "Sure Shot". He was a born-in, invented that machine, and now a millionaire for many years.

The other guy owns a huge cleaning company, employs mostly v. poor people (not witnesses) and pays them minimum wage.

tal

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I know one self-made JW millionaire. Nothing much to say about him except that. Also, to note that by and large many of the JW's I know, despite working only a few days a week, somehow seem to be very well off, in an area where most peop le earn way below the national average.

Weird.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes I knew some.

I found that they were often judged adversly by the congregation if they bought anything ostentatious, especially if they were not elders.

A frind of mine bought an F360 Ferrari, but never drove it to the meetings in case it offended anyone. When he was reaching out to be an MS his attitude towards "material things" was scrutinised, to the point where he had a set up a standing order to the WWW.

OTH, I worked for a well established elder who was never criticised depsite flaunting his wealth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit