Thor answered my prayer

by Stealth 16 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

It rained here too, unexpectedly. It was Wodin day. Then on Thor's day, it rained again. Long live the Norsemen (and women)!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Oh yeah? Well, YHWHs so awesome, so powerful, no man can see him and still live! (well, maybe with an exception, here or there). You can't even draw him, cuz.... (wait: why can't we draw him again? I forgot the rationale behind that rule....) It doesnt matter: y ou just can't! So don't even try....

Oh, I just remembered why: it'll make him SAD... Very SAD, and ruin his entire day. You wouldn't want to do that, WOULD YOU?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone's been reading Discworld.

• Stealth
    Stealth

It seems so obvious now that one single god cannot answer everyone's prayers. It is just to much for one god. You must pray to the right god in order to get results.

YHWH may be powerful alright and I will pray to YHWH in the future when I need help with murder, rape or gennocide.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

" It seems so obvious now that one single god cannot answer everyone's prayers. It is just to much for one god. You must pray to the right god in order to get results."

Hmmm, I dunno : it sounds a bit crazy.... "Many gods", you say: mmmm... Sounds kinda confusing to me, cuz its hard enuf to keep track of the quirks of just ONE! One offers the benefits of one-stop shopping convenience.

I've been thinking lately of going to NONE: that's even EASIER, as how much easier can it get, than having to keep track of just none? You'd think anyone could remember THAT: seems like they'd be all over it in the Bible Belt??

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

BTW, here's a pix of the Biblical (Hebrew) view of the Earth and Universe, as it appeared in an early 20th Century Christian theology text. The drawing is based on details decribed throughout the OT. This still IS the Xian view of the World (it would be hard to modify it, based on what we know now about the Earth being a sphere).

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Sorry all you Thor worshippers, I'm on team Sparlock!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit