YOU have the power to eradicate evil in the world. How would you accomplish this?

by jam 84 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS, you have stated a long list of suppositions. Defend, please.

Be specific, please.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS: Are the people in Heaven robots? If not, how are they without sin?

Is God a robot if he is without sin?

(yes I know we are discussing this based on certain assumptions)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    God does not deal w/ evil at all. The only people god kills in the Bible well OT are opponents. IN tge case King David killed lots of people, because he was worried about someone usurping him. God didnt kill david, in fact he got off w/out a blemish.

God killed the first baby that David had with Bathsheba - how was that baby an "opponent of God"?

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - someone has posted that the Batman shooting in Colorado shows the need for universal health care in the U.S.

I was expecting the usual cry for gun control - but UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE???

I submit that universal health care would have done NOTHING to prevent that evil.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Is God a robot if he is without sin?

I see your point. A better question would have been, do people in Heaven have free will?

• jam
    jam

MP, help me out.

Joshua 8:24 God commanded Israel to Slaughter all

the inhabitats of Ai, ALL ( childrens, old and babies) in

the open wilderness where they PURSUED them, all

to the last. IT was good.

But when Hitler did the same, it,s evil.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@botch:

If free will is a good, even a little bit. Then taking away that free will would be an evil in itself, even if a little bit. In that case, your free will act of removing everyone's free will (even if it includes your free will from that time forward) would be an evil act with non-ending evil effects, even if a little bit. Therefore, you can't "eradicate" evil this way.

MMM

• Giordano
    Giordano

Just raise the empathy component in everyone. It's hard to do evil things if you know for certain how messed up that is.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I see your point. A better question would have been, do people in Heaven have free will?

I believe so.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    If free will is a good, even a little bit. Then taking away that free will would be an evil in itself, even if a little bit. In that case, your free will act of removing everyone's free will (even if it includes your free will from that time forward) would be an evil act with non-ending evil effects, even if a little bit. Therefore, you can't "eradicate" evil this way.

I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit