JW Urban Legend - The Demonised Teddy Bear

by God_Delusion 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Howdy guys and girls!

How many of you have heard the Jehovah's Witness Urban Legend about the demonised teddy bear?

If you're from North London and were a Witness during the late eighties and early nineties, there's a good chance you would have heard it.

I was lucky enough to have played a part in the actual account!

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/funnies/the-evil-ted/

Please tell us your urban myths. The best one wins a donut (or doughnut - if you're from my neck of the woods).

Regards,
    Jaymes "Teeny Pyjamas" Payten

• jambon1
    jambon1

The two brothers who went to the door of a sadistic murderer. He spoke with the witnesses and never harmed them.

Asked later (by whom?) why he never harmed the witnesses, he replied that it was because of the giant man standing behind them (an angelic protector).

Witnesses round my gaff were all over this tale like a tramp with a bag of chips.

It does beg the question though why no such angelic protector(s) was around during the time of the holocaust. I believe many witnesses were shot or beheaded.

A tad selective of who he protects this Jehovah chap.

EDIT - There was also a story about a demon possesed smurf who walked up the ailse of a kingdom hall.

Absolutely off their heads those witnesses.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Back in the early 1970s, a story was circulating about how a ouija board disintegrated when asked what was going to happen in 1975.

Bill.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Back in the early 1970s, a story was circulating about how a ouija board disintegrated when asked what was going to happen in 1975

Bill, I was there: it happened in CA. (and nearly burned down the house!). I'm still shook up about it to this day, and wouldn't believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes <shudder...>

Your urban lengend reminded me of an an anecdote that IS real:

My family was sitting in the living room during book study (held at our house), and it was almost over. I noticed that there were a few of these tiny little whitish snowflakes floating around in the air. I noticed them first, and tried to catch one, but it disintegrated (very delicate little things). There were a few others, and they were fun to play with (I nudged my brother, and he joined in on the fun, too).

A few seconds later, others in book study started to notice them, and one of the adults was smart enough to ask, "where are they coming from?"

Turns out I had forgotten to snuff out a candle that was burning in my room, and it set fire to a near-by hanging poster! No fire-men needed to be called, but I got in DEEP trouble for nearly burning down the family home AND killing all the friends attending book-study, LOL!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

King Solomon,

Of course, much was read into the fact that the thing blew up when quizzed about the year 1975!

Bill.

• irondork
    irondork

You mean mom was lying to me when she told me about the time she took the teddy bear she got for me at a yard sale when I was a baby and had to throw it in the burn barrel out back because it kept trying to smother me at night. My mother finally figure out it was the bear because it kept staring RIGHT AT HER. She picked that bear up and it tried to maul her all the way out to the back yard where she burned it.

"Jehovah protects his people. Never forget that son."

Oh, I'll never forget it all right.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL these stories are cracking me up....

Solomon...was your poster demonized? Is THAT why it caught fire during the book study....

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

The mentioning of the poster reminded me of a JW urban legend that was floating around the Kingdom Halls: a rebellious JW teen decided to buy a Black Sabbath, or AC/DC poster and one night he heard rock music and when he turned on the light, the rock band on the poster was dancing and singing. That was supposed to make all of us hate rock and roll music.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Another reason for jws not to go and see "Ted".

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

How about the one were two sister went on a cruise. One got sexually involved with a man that was on the cruise also. At the end of the trip, he handed her a box, gift wrapped. When she opened it, there was a small coffin charm in it, along with a note that read: You are dead, I have AIDS.

My mom told me that one, which was told to her by a sister who claimed to be anointed. Mom was all big eyed and gaga, it was as if she were telling scary stories on at a childhood sleepover. I said to her "You do realize that is an urban legend, don't you?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit