JW Urban Legend - The Demonised Teddy Bear

by God_Delusion 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

irondork postulates:

You mean mom was lying to me when she told me about the time she took the teddy bear she got for me at a yard sale when I was a baby and had to throw it in the burn barrel out back because it kept trying to smother me at night. My mother finally figure out it was the bear because it kept staring RIGHT AT HER. She picked that bear up and it tried to maul her all the way out to the back yard where she burned it.

Silly JWs: anyone who knows ANYTHING about spiritualistic objects knows that the WORST thing you can do to an object that demons associate with (they cannot possess inanimate objects, BTW) is to BURN IT! That just makes the demon mad, and it'll just associate with another object or possess a near-by human (ie usually the one holding the matches). Since JWs have been doing it all wrong for decades and NOT becoming possessed, I think we can safely say that demons don't exist, but the fear of which offer an opportunity for control by OTHER non-demonic evil forces (and I'm not naming names, cough <Governing Body!> cough!)

ST conjectured:

Solomon...was your poster demonized? Is THAT why it caught fire during the book study....

Nope, it was one of those velvet black light posters.

Wait: on second thought, yeah, I guess it could've been demonized. That actually would make more sense: the demon committed suicide, as it got absolutely bored hanging around some 10 yr old's bedroom, trying to induce him to sin to win his immortal soul.... :)

PTN preached:

I said to her "You do realize that is an urban legend, don't you?"

She probably looked at you with eyes that screamed, "SHUT UP WITH ALL YOUR DAMNED RATIONALITY!!" Snopes is like the worst nightmare of a JW. :)

• still thinking
    still thinking
    The mentioning of the poster reminded me of a JW urban legend that was floating around the Kingdom Halls: a rebellious JW teen decided to buy a Black Sabbath, or AC/DC poster and one night he heard rock music and when he turned on the light, the rock band on the poster was dancing and singing. That was supposed to make all of us hate rock and roll music.

If I had one of those I'd put it on Ebay or Trademe...who knows how much you'd get for it....ROFL

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Lol@ still thinking. I'd buy that.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Oh sweet Jesus! My in-laws were so afraid of the demons that they had an old van out in back of the house that was stuffed full of things that they suspected were demonized. The thinking was that getting it out from underneath your roofline would keep the demon outside.

My ex-husband told me stories of being punched through his mattress at night. They had bought the bed from a Methodist minister. Boy, that's a stretch. Footnote: His father was physically abusive and would sometimes come home drunk and beat him up, so that's probably what he was remembering.

Twice during my marriage to this man we threw away all of our furniture because he suspected it was demonized.

http:scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• talesin
    talesin

My grandmother had a bunch of books on the occult (don't ask). They decided to burn them, because they may be demonized (or, someone might realize what she was 'really' into). Grandfather took the books outside, and made a pile of them ... they refused to burn! He had to douse them with gasoline several times before they would catch fire.

demunz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit