The "cause" of homosexuality (From JWtalk) LOL

by yourmomma 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

shoot!!! I am not a member

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I recieved some "education" from a gay nurse a few months ago. Some of it was TMI and cuz there may be underaged people here I'll refrain. He did make one comment that kinda struck me. He feels we all have a pendulum of gay vs straight. In life it may vary. He is obvious gay flamboint and isn't shy about it, yet he said he has been with woman. It's just a mood thing for him, and where he is in relationships.....

• Quendi
    Quendi

Only six states have sanctioned same-sex marriage and that came only after impassioned and bitter debate. Most of the others won't even permit "civil unions" and have gone so far as to amend their constitutions to define marriage as a contract that can be entered only by one man and one woman. There is no way all 50 states will approve same-sex marriage anytime soon.

Yet I believe that same-sex marriage will become a reality in the United States and perhaps sooner than its most ardent opponents will want. The state of California has banned all such unions and that ban has been challenged in the courts. The case is now in the federal court system. The Ninth U.S. Circuit of Appeals court has struck down the ban and the case will eventually be heard by SCOTUS, if not next year then probably in 2014. I fully expect that even if it is by a 5-4 vote, SCOTUS will agree that all such bans violate the "Equal Protection" clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and so are illegal, unconstituional, and must be voided. Then and only then will same-sex marriage become legal in the United States.

It was similarly with interracial marriage. Virginia was one of nineteen states which not only banned such marriages, but went further and declared that no such couple could even live within its borders. A couple by the appropriate name of Loving sued Virginia and SCOTUS heard their case in 1967. In a unanimous decision, the Court struck down all bans on interracial marriages in this country, concluding, "There is patently no legitimate overriding purpose independent of invidious racial discrimination which justifies this classification. The fact that Virginia prohibits only interracial marriages involving white persons demonstrates that the racial classifications must stand on their own justification, as measures designed to maintain White Supremacy."

I believe that similar reasoning will be used to end all state bans against same-sex marriage in this country. I don't think there will be a unanimous vote in this instance, but a majority will see that no matter what their own personal feelings, for or against, same-sex marriage might be, the Fourteenth Amendment trumps all such beliefs and must be applied to repeal same-sex marriage prohibitions.

As I've told Witnesses who express disgust with same-sex marriage based on their and the WTS's interpretation of the Bible, "The Bible is not the law of the land in this country. The Constitution is. Same-sex marriage represents no threat to your own, nor will any religious organization be forced to perform, sanction, or allow any cermony legitimizing such marriages thanks to the First Amendment." Most Witnesses fell silent when I told them that.

Quendi

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I guess its just me, but I didnt find this comment to be "balanced" at all:

" They have the same emotions, likes, dislikes, etc... that adulterers and fornicators have. To treat a homosexual any differently than a heterosexual adulterer or anyone that sleeps around is stupid, illogical and unscriptural. "

now, im not gay, so if a gay person is ok with that comment, then i will concede to that.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I guess its just me, but I didnt find this comment to be "balanced" at all:
    " They have the same emotions, likes, dislikes, etc... that adulterers and fornicators have. To treat a homosexual any differently than a heterosexual adulterer or anyone that sleeps around is stupid, illogical and unscriptural. "
    now, im not gay, so if a gay person is ok with that comment, then i will concede to that.

Yourmomma, I agree with you. Adulterers and fornicators can stop their sexual behaviors, whereas most gay people cannot. Adulterers and fornicators don't have to resign themselves to celibacy or having relations with partners to whom they are not attracted. But that's the fate that homosexuals have in Watch Tower world. Also the whole "sin" thing just freaks me out. If I remember correctly, the OT calls homosexulity an abomination just as it does a woman having her menstrual cycle or kids disrespecting heir parents. Funny how that works out in modern times.

• jam
    jam

I was told, masturbation will make you

blind. To much info to take in, now this from

the WT,"cause of homosexuality. Silly me, I

thought people were born like that, now I find

out it,s food.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

He feels we all have a pendulum of gay vs straight. In life it may vary. He is obvious gay flamboint and isn't shy about it, yet he said he has been with woman. It's just a mood thing for him, and where he is in relationships.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKB7vAFTdA8

• j dubb
    j dubb

wow, WTWizard...I finally agree with a post of yours!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Yourmomma, I agree with you. Adulterers and fornicators can stop their sexual behaviors, whereas most gay people cannot. Adulterers and fornicators don't have to resign themselves to celibacy or having relations with partners to whom they are not attracted. But that's the fate that homosexuals have in Watch Tower world. Also the whole "sin" thing just freaks me out. If I remember correctly, the OT calls homosexulity an abomination just as it does a woman having her menstrual cycle or kids disrespecting heir parents. Funny how that works out in modern times.

exactly. all gay people to them are likened to adulters and fornicators. a gay person in a commited monogamous relationship is still lumped in with all them. they all ignorantly hold to the idea that being gay is just about sex, that clearly is not the case, and thats easy for me a straight guy to see. they act like a gay person can just not engage in sex and marry a member of the opposite sex and be happy. that is simply not the case.

• Quendi
    Quendi

@ yourmamma: One reason so many Witnesses believe that being gay is all a matter of personal choice and that marriage is the "cure" for both gay men and lesbian women is because that is what the publications say. The magazines in particular are rife with all kinds of fairy-tales about gay men who renounced their sexual nature, married wonderful Christian sisters, fathered children, and then lived happily ever after. Since these "experiences" appear in the literature, Witnesses don't question their accuracy or veracity.

My judicial committee was livid when I did and got even angrier when I said that no follow up to any of these experiences was ever published. How many of these supposedly now happily married men remained happily married? How many instead found that they had married in haste and were now repenting in leisure because their attraction to other men had not died, but had either remained as strong if not become stronger? Their response to my charge was to accuse me of "independent thinking", code for apostasy. My experience with these fools was just one of many reasons I had for leaving and never returning. But their ignorance about LGBT people was willful and deliberate so that they could continue to hate them.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit