The "cause" of homosexuality (From JWtalk) LOL

by yourmomma 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

If any of you can read jwtalk check out this thread for a good laugh: http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,118252

for me the best "cause" was Soy, yes soy apparantly turns people into homosexuals, LMAO!

what would really be funny is if someone who has an account could post some more insane stuff like that, like "playing with smurfs or my little pony causes homosexuality" or "eating too many cheese curls".lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least the soy is plausible. Soy contains chemicals that mimic estrogen. That, in excess, can in fact tamper with development of your sexual identity. Other similar chemicals that can do the same thing are the bisphenols found in plastics, various pesticides, and quite a few different drugs (I would worry mostly about the psychiatric ones). Also suspect would be things like monosodium glutamate and aspartame in your food, fluoride in the water, and too much soy or canola oil and not enough coconut or palm (or natural fats like butter). And, we can't forget simple genetics--that can play a role in whether a person becomes homosexual.

Another reason is the hang-ups that religions create about sex. Exposing children to same sex children exclusively and dirtifying the mixing of sexes while children are young can shape a child's attitude. Also, religions that habitually put people of the same sex for a prolonged period on a project (the Pious-Sneer Assist Program was one such example) can enhance the chances of homosexuality, along with limiting the exposure to the opposite sex. When such religions also practice homophobia, they ought to be ashamed of themselves for this squeeze play.

• sir82
    sir82

And if you cook your soy in aluminum pots, you become a demonized gay!

...and this is what you're left with in your religion, when you condemn higher education and stifle independent thought and creativity.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Every well-studied dub knows that masturbation causes homosexuality!

ceiling cat

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup Wizard - ya gotta have enough palm oil.

• glenster
    glenster

Men
    Because of the phytoestrogen content, some studies have suggested that
    soybean ingestion may influence testosterone levels in men. However, a 2010 meta-
    analysis of 15 placebo controlled studies showed that neither soy foods nor
    isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable testosterone or estrogen
    concentrations in men.[118] It has been hypothesized that soy foods and
    enterolactone may increase the development of prostate cancer although no
    significant associations were observed for the soy isoflavones.[119] Furthermore,
    soy consumption has been shown to have no effect on the levels and quality of
    sperm.[120] A 2009 meta-analysis of the research on the association between soy
    consumption and prostate cancer risk in men concluded that "consumption of soy
    foods is associated with a reduction in prostate cancer risk in men."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean#Men

Thus, the person who is struggling with same-sex desires is presented with a
    reachable goal—he or she can choose not to act on those desires.
    Awake! February 2007
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/200702b/article_01.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9W_Kz-yWyA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

Do you understand now why do JW want to talk only with other JW ? They say too much crap for having afford to make them public !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had a look at this thread, looking for the wacky and the bigoted comments , I have to say that the majority of the comments were more balanced than I expected them to be . A few extracts are quoted below: (Bear in mind that "Gay" activity is definitely not permitted in their comunity)

"I am trying to tell my sister it is not her "fault" he is her son and we love him. "

"Cause is irrelevant. Homosexuals are people, too. They have the same emotions, likes, dislikes, etc... that adulterers and fornicators have. To treat a homosexual any differently than a heterosexual adulterer or anyone that sleeps around is stupid, illogical and unscriptural. "

"I would not rule out that people can be born with a predisposition to homosexuality."

"The point I'm trying to make is over the years it seems people's viewpoints on certain things have changed and you never know what may change in what we know about homosexuals. "

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks for posting those other remarks from that website, BluesBrother. The last one was the most interesting to me since it states that people's viewpoints on homosexuality "may change". We're certainly seeing that in the United States where support for same-sex marriage has grown to the point where half the American public believes bans against it are unconstitutional. And your own England now permits same-sex marriage. That was unthinkable a generation ago. However, one thing that won't change is the intransigence and opposition the WTS has to same-sex relationships. Those will always remain grounds for disfellowshipping.

Quendi

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

From a purely scientific viewpoint, I'm interested to know what causes homosexuality. And I don't mean that in a bad way so please don't take offense.

My views on marriage equality have definitely changed. The arguements folks use against gay marriage are the same they used against interracial marriage. This is why I feel that a federal law FOR gay marriage should be passed. Each state doing its own thing is slow progress, too slow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit