Introducing Mrs Cedars...

by cedars 127 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I just thought you should know that Mrs Cedars has finally taken the plunge and joined the forum. She was able to log on for the first time yesterday.

Though we both "awakened" at different stages, Mrs Cedars was very supportive and non-judgmental when I first began exploring my beliefs from a critical standpoint. She is currently in the process of reading Crisis of Conscience and aquainting herself with some of the facts of Witness history that were hitherto unknown. Like me she is now inactive, although this is causing problems with her family as it is with mine.

English isn't her first language, so she's a little reticent about posting, hence my introductory thread on her behalf. I'm hoping you can all give her a warm welcome.

One of the things we've discussed is the idea of her doing a cookery thread for those of you who enjoy exchanging recipes. Mrs Cedars is an excellent cook and has some nice recipes to share for those who are handy in the kitchen.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks in advance for making the forum a warm and inviting place for my wife!

Cedars

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

A very warm welcome to Mrs. Cedars! ~ Fortis

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome to Mrs. Cedars!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wonderful to have you aboard, Mrs Cedars. I love food. It is one of the reasons I get up in the morning.

• lost1
    lost1

Welcome Mrs Cedars !

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome Mrs. Cedars.

I'm down with sharing recipes!

My wife and I are both fond of cooking and have a few favorites.

00DAD

Here's one we both really enjoy:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

SHRIMP SCAMPI

Ingredients

• 1 Red Bell pepper
    • Artichoke Hearts
    • 1 - 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined - tails left on
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • Olive oil
    • 1 small onion, sliced thinly
    • 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
    • 1 lemon, juiced
    • 1/2 cup white wine
    • 1/2 cup shrimp or vegetable stock
    • 2 tablespoons cold butter
    • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
    • Lemon slices, for garnish
    • Pasta or Rice, as accompaniment

Directions

*DO THIS FIRST: Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, artichoke hearts, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.

Season the shrimp thoroughly with salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the shrimp and quickly saute until just starting to turn pink, but not cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onions and saute just until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, white wine, and stock, and reduce by 2/3, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and the other veggies back into the pan and swirl in the butter. Finish with the parsley and check for seasoning. Garnish with lemon slices and serve over rice.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/shrimp-scampi-recipe/index.html

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hello Mrs. Cedars!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Nice to meet you Mrs. Cedars

• dgp
    dgp

Welcome, Mrs. Cedars.

There's a place for you at our common table.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit