Question for people who believe in Evolution

by ttte36 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttte36
    ttte36

Though school I did Religious Education and my teacher who was religious ruled out evolution because Humans are the only creatures who do not want to die, can anyone who understands evolution explain this?

Im 99% on to the theory of Evolution, this is just the last stumbling block.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You would have to clarify. Have you seen a rat break off it's tail to escape a trap? Have you seen a cornered animal fight for it's life? On the other side, have you seen a suffering human want to end their suffering?

Most animals, human or not, do not want to die. Please clarify.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Im with you on that .

but also, someone can explain to me why there is matter floating around in space to be a big bang to begin with, where did it come from? lol,

ive already come to the conclusion that genesis is just stupid,

but there is still something to be said about where all things started.

man may never know.

that said we better eat drink and be merry.

oh, wait, sorry , in our 'spare time' after slaving for the almighty dollar...

• cofty
    cofty
    someone can explain to me why there is matter floating around in space to be a big bang to begin with

That is discussed in detail by Lawrence Krauss in his book "A Universe From Nothing". However it has nothing to do with evolution.

I agree with OTWO. Animals really do not want to die.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

" blame evolution for this unsettling conflict between me the world works in the way we wish it would work. The fear of death, combined with a novel ability to envision the future, enabled humanist outcompete other species. But that combination also makes us unable to believe that what we see around us is all there is. Our brains got too big to think about the world and the other way ... It looks like we came out with the most versatile brain, which could throw, catch, and hit balls-and invent the rules of games involving balls, better than they could. It looks like the same brains gave us the ability to wonder about our place in the scheme of things, and that let us to science, and then let us to the discovery of the ocean. We are products of illusion and as such, we can't believe it's all over, when it's all over. It is a great irony of the evolution of the human brain: our strength is also for weakness. Our asset is our liability..."

taken from bill nyes book undeniable, page 179-180.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    But why would evolution cause us to want to die?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Humans are the only creatures who do not want to die.

What a silly suggestion.

All species do not want to die and thats why they develop physical characteristics to keep them alive. Thats why many times they herd in self sustaining communities to watch out for predators and so on.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Your teacher sounds like a little bit of an idiot - there you go, case closed.

You're welcome😊

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Come on folks, cows, chickens, fish and etc love dying for our pleasures.

Chickens will walk right up to you and ask to be put in a frying pan.

If chickens were aware of what is in store for them they would be as

elusive as Abominable Snowman.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

As has been discussed, this is a false premise: Humans are clearly NOT the only animals that do not want to die. That's just absurd.

But even if it were true, it does not follow that this would disprove evolution.

You can't fix stupid. Don't try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit