Anyone Notice this in the New Brochure "Good News From God"?

by Cadellin 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

BP- why not? Does it really matter? Really???

Our bodies have several organs that we don't need- not that I'm comparing a perfect man with the rest of us.

However, we don't need the tonsils, gallbladder, spleen, but we were born with them.

I just don't see why it would be completely unreasonable.

On the other hand- I have been asleep for the past 20 years!!! I am old and uneducated( haven't been able to copy and paste any blurbs!!!LOL)

and it was only recently that I discovered I was in a cult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cacky
    Cacky

Actually, our tonsils, gall bladders and spleans have functions in the body, but we can live without them. I think those who have to lose their spleans are considered susceptible to getting infections and things (I think), and they are kind of like someone undergoiong chemo, where they are supposed to be careful not to be around a bunch of germy people. Also, I think the Watchtower once published an article saying Adam and Eve wouldn't have had a belly button, so that's where the complaints come from when someone sees a Watchtower picture of Adam with one.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's a well established fact that people who never existed inherently did not have navels.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

On the other hand- I have been asleep for the past 20 years!!! I am old and uneducated( haven't been able to copy and paste any blurbs!!!LOL)

and it was only recently that I discovered I was in a cult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, Rip, I bet you had one helluva case of "two decade" breath... ;)

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Jeffro: hilarious!!! Good one!! Lol!

• irondork
    irondork

To heck with his belly button. I want to know if he was circumcised.

Also, I have a fig tree in my yard and the leaves on that thing are enormous.

Just say'n.

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered about the belly button. The WTS speculates a bout many things but I haven't found anything on that yet. As a sci-fi buff when young I realized that the explanation of Adam's creation was brief, could God have grown Adam in an artificial womb?

As to the foreskin question, if you go by the bible timeline, until Abraham, circumcision was not spoken of and is an artificial process. Male humans are still born with one. But it seems based on this info that circumcision has been around long before Abraham.

http://www.cirp.org/library/history/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision

• blondie
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

Since ‘Jehovah’ was written into Genesis as observing the Sabbath like a good Jew, it’s safe to assume that the great foreskin-lover in the sky had Adam circumcised according to custom, lol!

• mP
    mP

Good old WT, worrying about hard stuff like whether Adam or Eve had belly buttons, but completely ignore pedophilia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit