Anyone Notice this in the New Brochure "Good News From God"?

by Cadellin 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

If you look on page 10, "What is God's Purpose for the Earth?," you'll see an illustration of Adam in the Garden--with a belly button!! What were the WT artists thinking????

I'd post a scan but, alas, I'm unable to in my present locale.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Someone probably did that deliberately!

George

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Subliminal message by the artist.

• cofty
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I'm sorry. What's so unusual? On page 9 you can see Jesus belly button too!!! And nipples!!!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

@cofty: that was an interesting read.

I wonder if JWs really buy that- if they notice at all.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Rip: serious bro? It Adam was a direct creation of God he would have no need of a belly button.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ok. S2S, I hear you!!! LOL!!! but do the artists know what the angels look like? Or the Garden of Eden, etc.?

It's all artistic license.

But, I get what your saying.

It still doesn't necessarily mean that just because Adam was a direct creation that he wasn't still given a belly button.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    It still doesn't necessarily mean that just because Adam was a direct creation that he wasn't still given a belly button.

I can't believe you just said that.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

From the Omphalos controversy (1857):

Of course, the Omphalos argument fell into disrepute with everybody almost immediately. Many just laughed at it, but others were deeply offended by the idea of God being a lying and deceitful prankster who had written an enormous and superfluous lie in the rocks.But even worse for many believers was the thought that the events of the Bible, most 
    importantly the Resurrection, might have never happened and so their faith might be
    based solely on a Divine Hoax.
    Hmmm, imagine that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit