Anonymous Calls For The Destruction of the Watchtower Society (New Video)

by DT 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In a way the minor mistakes are reassuring. It probably means they are not merely ex-JWs "with an axe to grind", but a disinterested party who appreciate the injustice of the situation.

Plus the scripture JWs quote does mention "at the mouth of two or three witnesses".

• DT
    DT

Sometimes, the victim is regarded as an unreliable witness, especially when there are supressed memories, so in this cases it would require three witnesses to establish guilt in Watchtowerland.

• diorama
  • LV101
    LV101

AT LAST GOOD NEWS!

• wezz
    wezz

Now why did they have to go and insert that "We are Legion" part.... (Mark 5:9, Luke 8:30)

Guess I'll be spending my money on emergency supplies again. :/

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The persona of Anonymous can be somewhat creepy sometimes. W hat could they do that those on this board haven't been doing for years, only with a lot more finesse?

I am concerned the tone will cause many Witnesses to rally around Mother, especially since they believe that any time now, Satan will led the world in an all out attack on the organization. Not to mention the whole Evil Slave mythology. These are memes the Scientologists did not have…therefore it wouldn't backfire as much.

Yeah, whoever made the video defo over-produced it, to the point of giving ME (an ex-JW) the creeps, what with the twisted music. And the trademark Guy Falkes mask is just going to be misunderstood: it just comes off as demonic, not out to protect any children. I'm feeling a circling of the wagons over-reaction by the JWs, more than anything, just reinforcing their "we're being persecuted!" paranoia.

Cedars said:

However, I'm still glad they're taking an interest.

There is no "they", as YOU or anyone else here with the skills COULD actually be a part of "them": Anon recruits people to support an OP, which may or may not go anywhere. Most fade away and die, but a few get media's attention. Maybe this one will?

Some one hacked the Sony website a while ago. I am sure the WTBTS isn't that secure. If you piss off the wrong people with tech-skills, you are going to have problems. Get enough kids with skills that have been molested and you are screwed.

That would be George Hotz, a young kid who achieved some measure of notariety after he figured out how to jailbreak the iPhone (jailbreaking is legal, per a Copyright Office Statement). He then hacked into the Sony PlayStation system to bypass it's DMCA copy protection, but ended up getting prosecuted by Sony for copyright infringement. Hotz settled out of court with Sony before the case went to a jury, and GeoHotz paid a fine, and promised not to hack into Sony gear ever again.

Soldier 77 said:

Anonymous should be taken very seriously. Tech savvy degree'd programmers forming an online coalition of anonymity used in a focused assault can wreck havoc on any institution.

Risky stuff.... I've been following Anon's actions for a few years over on Arstechnica (a tech site), and more than a few people have had their front doors kicked in with real-live FBI agents pointing firearms at them, stun grenades fired inside, their families taken down on the ground, with warrants, dogs, seized computers, etc. Anon went after gov't agencies (including local PDs, but even CIA and DoD) a few years ago, which was a BIG MISTAKE: it means they got the attention of the Feds they wanted, who responded in force.

Even the suspicion of working with Anon is the kiss of death for anyone working in a tech career: convicted of unauthorized access of a computer means you can could on being DFed from your career, with little chance of reinstatement. Wayyyyy risky (which anyone who works in IT already knows), but some will be willing to do it (I'm not a programmer, myself).

Here's a 30 yr old Linux admin who was tracked down and charged by Feds:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/04/feds-charge-self-confessed-anonymous-member-after-tracking-his-digital-footprints/

Plenty more stuff on Anon on Arstechnica; just use their search for "Anon"....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit