Anonymous Calls For The Destruction of the Watchtower Society (New Video)

by DT 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DT
    DT

This recent video has already appeared on a few threads, but I thought it deserved it's own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7vynx8eVg

• DT
    DT

I remember when Anonymous went after Scientology a few years ago. It generated a lot of discussion here and comments that it would be nice if they went after Jehovah's Witnesses. Now that it has happened, it curious that we aren't talking about it more. Anyways, here's a bump for those who haven't seen it yet.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Who or what is Anonymous and why should anyone take this seriously?

• Londo111
    Londo111

The persona of Anonymous can be somewhat creepy sometimes. W hat could they do that those on this board haven't been doing for years, only with a lot more finesse?

I am concerned the tone will cause many Witnesses to rally around Mother, especially since they believe that any time now, Satan will led the world in an all out attack on the organization. Not to mention the whole Evil Slave mythology. These are memes the Scientologists did not have…therefore it wouldn't backfire as much.

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD - there's a wikipedia article on Anonymous. Folks take them VERY seriously, at least here in the UK. Usually when they threaten to do something, they do it. If they pulled this off, there would be guaranteed media interest.

I have to say I'm less impressed with this second video in comparison with the first, which was briefer and slightly less malevolent. However, I'm still glad they're taking an interest.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is a loosely associated hacktivist group. It originated in 2003 on the imageboard4chan, representing the concept of many online and offline community users simultaneously existing as an anarchic, digitized global brain. [4] It is also generally considered to be a blanket term for members of certain Internet subcultures, a way to refer to the actions of people in an environment where their actual identities are not known. [5] It strongly opposes Internet censorship and surveillance, and has hacked various government websites. It has also targeted major security corporations. [6] [7] [8] Its members can be distinguished in public by the wearing of Guy Fawkes masks.

In its early form, the concept has been adopted by a decentralized online community acting anonymously in a coordinated manner, usually toward a loosely self-agreed goal, and primarily focused on entertainment. Beginning with 2008, the Anonymous collective has become increasingly associated with collaborative, international hacktivism. They undertook protests and other actions in retaliation against anti-digital piracy campaigns by motion picture and recording industry trade associations. [9] [10] Actions credited to "Anonymous" are undertaken by unidentified individuals who apply the Anonymous label to themselves as attribution. [11] Some analysts have praised Anonymous as the freedom fighters of the internet, [12] and a digital Robin Hood [13] , although others have condemned them as "anarchic cyber-guerrillas". [14]

Although not necessarily tied to a single online entity, many websites are strongly associated with Anonymous. This includes notable imageboards such as 4chan, their associated wikis, Encyclopædia Dramatica , and a number of forums. After a series of controversial, widely publicized protests, distributed denial of service (DDoS) and website defacement attacks by Anonymous in 2008, incidents linked to its cadre members have increased. [15] In consideration of its capabilities, Anonymous has been posited by CNN to be one of the three major successors to WikiLeaks. [16] In 2012, American magazine Time named Anonymous as one of the most influential people in the world. [17]

.................. ...OUTLAW

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

What would be great is if they could take advantage of the new reliance on jw.org to hack the site and replace magazine download links with redirects to 587v607 infographics or something. But just the idea of turning JWs into a meme should ensure that the younger generation will only see the organazation as a joke and further destroy any chance of continued growth.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

They made a couple mistakes, some negligible I suppose, I certainly noticed the 3 witnesses thing.

It seems too easy to dismiss. Not to say they can't break it apart, but on the surface, as someone who has never heard of Anonymous before, this looks like a creppy video some kids put together.

• cedars
    cedars

rather be in hades - I noticed the mistakes too. It's a shame they didn't draw on the experience of certain knowledgeable members of the apostate community when finalizing the text of their video script. However, I'm still very glad to have them on our side. If nothing else, the assertions they make about child abuse policy, whether right or wrong, may force ordinary JWs to research the issue in more detail.

Cedars

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Some one hacked the Sony website a while ago. I am sure the WTBTS isn't that secure. If you piss off the wrong people with tech-skills, you are going to have problems. Get enough kids with skills that have been molested and you are screwed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit