Newbie - Not ex-JW

by cog_survivor 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

cog_survivor!

Many years ago, I read Feazell's book "The Liberation of the Worldwide Church of God" - an eye-opener and valuable book to me as I was going through my own JW 'awakening' and it was helpful to read of the similarities in that journey.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks for sharing your storey. It is a blessing to have this forum to share similar experiences and how we coped in the aftermath of our awakening.

I'm sure you will be a blessing to some JWs that visit this forum, and it is my hope that they don't throw Christ out with the bath water.

Shalom brother.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Welcome Cog survivor!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey cog_survivor.

On the surface chalk and cheese, but underneath the hood the Watchtower is no different from HA's WCG, or the Mormons, or any other cult.

Our family had great benefit from a Colorado style workshop as presented at the 2010 "Coercive Persuasion and Mind Control" cult conference at Parliament house in Brisbane: http://www.cifs.org.au/2010conference.php

A great book and resource we received through the conference is "Take back your life" by Janja Lalich and Madeline Tobias.

A must read chapter in Steven Hassan's "Releasing the bonds - empowering people to think for themselves" is ch8 "Interacting with dual identities".

Greetings, blessings and peace to you and yours

Fernando

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit