Newbie - Not ex-JW

by cog_survivor 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

Thank you all so much for the kind words.

As Diest rightly points out, the wwcog was smaller potatoes than the Watchtower. We thought it was something when attendance at the Feast of Tabernacles (8 day mandatory get together similar to your District Conventions) got to around 144,000 (yeah, there's that number again).

OTWO, There was one individual who tried to start a forum for exiters, but I think there was too many exiters at once due to all of the changes the organization made. So many people acting out in their pain. It ended up with being constant shouting matches over whose opinion was the most right. I think it was because we had been so steeped in black and white, my way or the highway, thinking that most of us hadn't yet learned to be tolerant or accepting of others differences.

Rip, you are so right. If the JWs were to collapse like worldwide, there would be plenty of groups that would welcome them with open arms. But for all the pain involved, I'm so glad that worldwide did eventually fall. For all those who went to other groups, or formed their own little "splinter" groups, many more were set free. I hope the Watchtower will implode one day as well.

One thing I don't think I was clear about. My Uncle and Aunt were never part of worldwide. They went into the JWs and Mormons as their first choice. Mom's family was hugely dysfunctional. She and her brothers and sisters tried to deal with an abusive father by going into odd religions, serial marriages, or alcoholism.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Care to elaborate on how the org went bust? I'm also curious about the teaching techniques they used... We're they mind controlling like the WT?

• Aware!
    Aware!

Welcome! How would COG recruit members?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and Welcome Cog, you have a lot in common with us. I look forward to your posts.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

Welcome, Cog!

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the forum. Abusive religion is a life changing experience and whilst religions vary people have similar issues when it comes to rebuilding lives and making friends. It takes effort, will and opportunity and can be very hard for those doing it on their own. You did well to break free from the families dependance on bad religion. I look forward to readng your posts.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Hi, welcome to the forum Cog. Here is a link to a video that Dogpatch (Randy watters) former bethelite from

freeminds.org

Called to be Free - Dissolution of the Worldwide Church of God

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome, be sure to firm up your critical thinking skills as it helps a lot to make sense of things.

Read, read, read. Question, question, question...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Welcome aboard!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome cog its great to get another perspective.

Could you tell us a little more about the circumstances that led to the demise of the wwwcog please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit