What are your thought of the 144k in heaven

by bobld 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glander
    Glander

when I go into the garden in the evening and see all the mosquitos against the sky, I think of the 126,813 or so anointed flittling around, sniffing eah others butt. I am so thankful they can't suck my blood.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Most of the partakers at the Memorial have real issues in our community.

I have observed so many come and go, and their weirdness manifest.

I don't think you put much stock in that 12,000 number just as you can't put stock in the Annual report with it's alleged increases.

As far as the 144K are concerned, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether that is literal, or symbolic. I don't think the society has really got it precisely right as well.

• Glander
    Glander

Thanks, Q'rterback. Hope for more clarification from the FDS.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Some questions about the 144,000:

If there are 144,000 spirit anointed people who have a heavenly hope, and a great crowd of people who have another hope of everlasting life on paradise earth, why does Paul say that there is only ONE hope (Eph 4:4), instead of two?

Heb 11:16, in speaking about some of the faithful people of the Old Testament (Abel, Noah, Abraham, etc.) says, "But now they are reaching out for a better [place], that is, one belonging to heaven..." and, "... their God for he has made a city ready for them." The footnote on the word "city" refers to HEAVENLY Jerusalem of Heb 12:22 and Rev 21:2. How can this be since according to the teachings of the Watchtower Society, the only people who will go to heaven are the 144,000 spirit anointed who have been chosen from people who lived after Christ died?

The Watchtower Society teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 is to be taken literally. If chapter 7 of Revelation is to be taken literally, where then does the Bible say that the 144,000 will come from? (See Rev 7:5- 8).

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Some questions about the 144,000:

Sorry, but I couldn't make it out of Genesis before I concluded it was all a bunch of hockey-pookey. While I know the general storyline, Revelation was just too bat-guano crazy to take seriously (like a bad acid trip)....

:)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was taken from the fact that there are 144,000 nadis or pathways in the human soul. The LIE-ble corrupted that to make that fact useless--having 144,000 ruling in heaven is useless spiritually, while knowing where the nadis are can help in soul development.

Also, the Christmas tree represents the map of the human soul. The nadis are represented by the lights--which is another reason I recommend huge numbers of undersized lights on your Christmas tree. Obviously, placing 144,000 lights on a Christmas tree is nearly impossible, but now I know why they recommend 80 boxes of lights on a 2 1/2 meter tree. And it looks better than having 144,000 people taken from earth to rule.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit